Pp may skip draft ceremony

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rwilliams, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

NFLPA baby, Can't say I blame them. Owners need to pony up. Nobody is going broke in the NFL.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

instead of focusing on the players union/owners for a moment, how about thinking about the kids entering the draft. (and one who i wish had stayed in school.) these young men have worked most of their lives at football, training, getting better, with the dream of going pro. many have dreamed of the day of walking onto that stage, especially as a top pick. it may be "just a ceremony" to us, but to them, it may represent a life time of dreams.

i think it's pretty shytty and petty to ask these young men to not do something that is something that represents a meeting a goal. the players already in the league got that opportunity when it was their turn. dont take it away from this newest group. put aside money and animosity for just a few hours to let these guys and their families bask in realizing a dream.

4. LaSalleAve

I would if he wasn't taking instructions from the NFLPA. I agree with you, this is their moment to shine, and they will only get this one opportunity, however, it's all about the NFLPA. That is who he is taking his instructions from.

Average life expectancy for an NFL football player is 55. I can't blame them for being unified.

5. OkieTigerTK

didnt the union technically disband? if so, how can he take instructions from a group that a) he's not a part of, and b) doesnt exist?

i say phuck em. they are being petty in this.

1 person likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

Yes, for the meantime. However, look at it like this, he may not be a member now, but he will be. I do think it's something that the NFLPA should just shut the f up about. Boycotting the draft isn't going to hurt the owners one bit. It's only going to hurt the memories of the incoming players. There are other ways to get your point across.

7. OkieTigerTK

that is what i have been posting. if the union wants to earn the good will of the incoming players, they should let them have the same memory they had the opportunity to receive.

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Yes what a small selfish group. This only makes the NFLPA look bad.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I don't think PatPete needs the Draft Night fanfare. Jamarcus needed the moment in the spotlight, cuz it was his last one. Peterson will have many.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No big deal in my opinion. I'm sure others (PP) would differ and rightfully so. In the long run he will have many opportunities to shine and I know he will.

This draft will be a huge flop.

They can't sign anyone and most importantly there can be NO TRADES. Where you are slotted is where you will draft.

Bottom line, the players are going to get the shaft on this one because they don't have the leverage. Sure there are a truck load of players that probably have enough money stacked away to do nothing for the long haul. I would however wager that there is a convoy of trucks full of players who make league min and before too long will HAVE to get back to work. The owners know this and unlike the players they ALL have enough cash to wait it out. We shall see.