Pregnant Drug Users

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jul 15, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What does everyone think? I read in Tennessee some girl got 12 1/2 years because her newborn tested positive for meth. This girl didn't look very old either.

Wow, 12 1/2 years? Isn't that a tad excessive?

Panel?

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

With any luck and a good supportive family, the kid will be a productive teenager before mommy dearest gets her shit hooks back on the child.

What this country truly needs is a couple years of corporal punishment to stave off the gross negligence that comes from the lack of morality we are now numb to any more. But maybe that is just me.

gyver and Bengal B like this.
  3. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

12 1/2 seems kinda light considering the likely lifetime physical and neurological damage the baby will have to deal with. Not to mention the family members that are going to have to take care of the kid.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So, what happened to "its her body"?

5. LaSalleAve

It is her body, but hell there probably wasn't the option to abort in bum fuck Tennessee. I don't know man, this was a child having a child. 12 1/2 years is way too much.

We are coming up with new ways to put drug users in jail and it's getting out of hand.

6. LaSalleAve

I guess my crystal ball is telling me because of this, you are going to see abortions rise, women are going to be afraid to try to seek help, this kind of punishment isn't and never has been a deterrent. That's why the drug war is such a failure. You don't lock people up because of addiction.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nobody gets locked up for being a drug addict. But to be a drug addict you have to break laws and possess illegal drugs. Drug addicts break other laws to steal money for drugs. "Yes, your honor, I did rob that bank but only because I'm a drug addict and I needed some meth." Judge: "Oh, I didn't realize you were an addict. I thought you were just a regular robber. The court apologises for your inconvenience of being locked up. BAILIFF! RELEASE THIS MAN!"

This woman is not being locked up for being an addict. She is being locked up for recklessly endangering her unborn baby. You can say all you want about abortion rights and all that crap but she smoked meth two weeks before the baby was born. An 8 1/2 month fetus is no longer just a mass of cells. It is a human being capable of surviving outside the womb. It the bitch had just drank a glass of wine or smoked a joint that still isn't good but I could understand her calming her nervousness about the impending childbirth. But methamphetamine is a drug usually produced from cobbled together chemicals by meth addled burnouts in some backwoods mobile home using filthy used clorox bottle. The amount of meth the woman needed to get high might seem like a small amount to her but would be a tremendous shock to a baby's system. It could lead to brain damage,, mental retardation or at the least a reduced intellectual capacity for life.

If I was the prosecutor I would have charged her with attempted murder and pushed for at least a 20 year sentence with no parole.

8. LaSalleAve

What if it was your daughter? Would you still feel that way? And yes people get locked up for possession of drugs all the time, it's a for profit industry to lock people up. By the way, all that stuff you said kinda sounds like something "big government" would do.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

People get locked up for the possession of drugs because its against the law. There is no such crime as "Being a Drug Addict." I don't believe that marijuana should be against the law but in most places it still is. Pot isn't the problem. When is the last time you heard about a pothead robbing a 7-11?
    I don't know where you get your idea about it being profitable to keep people in jail. It costs millions to build and maintain prisons and keep them staffed and house and feed the convicts.

Nothing "Big Government" about protecting the life of a fully formed baby human. Even Barney Fife in Mayberry would have enough sense to arrest that bitch for reckless endangerment and criminal negligence. If she was my daughter I would feel like I had failed to instill better values in her. Or maybe I would blame her Mama.

One and only rebel child
    From a family meek and mild
    My mama seemed to know what lay in store
    Despite all my Sunday learning
    Towards the bad I kept on turning
    Till Mama couldn't hold me anymore

And I turned twenty-one in prison doing life without parole
    No one could steer me right but Mama tried, Mama tried
    Mama tried to raise me better, but her pleading I denied
    That leaves only me to blame 'cause Mama tried

10. LaSalleAve

You weren't aware that the private prison industries make money by locking people up?

Enjoy

http://www.infowars.com/private-pri...hey-put-behind-bars-the-more-money-they-make/

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014