Presenting: Crystal Riley

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by NoDakSt, Oct 3, 2007.

1. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member

Learn about Van's latest Verbal, point guard Crystal Riley out of Memphis, Tennessee.

2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Congratulations to coach Van! Looks like he's doing a great job recruiting. I hoped he would, I got to like him as coach of the Comets here in Houston. And with 4 WNBA championship rings, he has to have great credibility. I notice the Comets didn't do so hot without him last season.

3. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

I like the writeup on Riley, sounds like a guard in the Marie Ferdinand/Temeka Johnson/Erica White tradition of super quick, defensive minded players. Van's the man! 4 top 100 so far, and Sykes will hopefully be the icing on the cake.

1 person likes this.
  4. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

TREMENDOUS.

I think there were some questions surrounding Van, primarily was he too old and could he recruit. Well, he's answering the questions with his first recruiting class at LSU. Great frontline AND (take note Brady) a great point guard to boot. Add Sykes and this could be a very solid and balanced class.

Keep it rollin' Van and staff! :grin:

As a side note, it's interesting to view what Van's imprint will be on the program as a whole. First you see a Hall of Fame coach added to John Brady, a debatably underrated coach--however, you see a lot of final fours for LSU, a school you wouldn't associate immediately as a basketball powerhouse. You see recruiting classes primarily driven by forwards or frontline players, and small quick point guards (I'm fast forwarding to Tommy Mason Griffin). Brady focused traditionally on defense. Van brings a sound defensive philosophy as well, but more go with the flow, open offense. I wonder if Van and Brady will collaborate at all on coaching, like Pearl and Summit have done. Brady would be a fool not to. :lol:

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. BE A FAN.

5. NoDakSt

NoDakSt Founding Member

Van brings a sound defensive philosophy as well, but more go with the flow, open offense. I wonder if Van and Brady will collaborate at all on coaching, like Pearl and Summit have done. Brady would be a fool not to. :lol:

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. BE A FAN.[/QUOTE]

Well...while collaboration is great, I hope NOT to see Van shirtless or in a cheerleaders uniform :)

6. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Just wondering - Did LSU have any Lady Basketball Players visiting for the Florida game & if so who? If not, wonder why not?