Q&A with Coach Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Mar 3, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Spring Practice is around the corner.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060303/SPORTS0202/603030313
    He didn't mention either one of our redshirted running backs... I wonder why? Could it be that they don't look to get too many carries for next year?

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I can't remember their names either, coach.

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

i thought spadoni was a senior??? and he didnt seem to mention kirston pittman either.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Spadoni WILL be a senior. Kirston Pittman was redshirted last season to have surgery on his ankle I believe...perhaps he's not ready to push for playing time just yet??? And since Pittman had the surgery near the beginning of last season, it's very possible that Miles has really never seen him healthy enough to practice full-speed yet. Don't know about you, but if I were a coach, I couldn't exactly comment on a player that I've never seen go full speed yet--especially one coming off surgery.

...and I think you guys are looking too much into who he does, or does not mention. After all, he didn't mention a lot of other key players. He didn't mention Xavier...he didn't mention Al Jones....Sammy Joesph, etc.

This was probably a 5-10 minute interview. I wouldn't expect him to name everyone on the depth chart.

5. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

why should he give away all of our secrets this early in the season....i'm sure he has a plan...;)

6. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

11-2, West Division champs, 40-3 ass-whipping of the Canes, #5 AP finish in his first year! That's good enough for me! :geauxtige

7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

It is very difficult to work in every name on the team into a Q&A session. I am ready for the fall season. I know I shouldn't wish my life away, but I do miss college football. :geauxtige :usaflagwa :laflagwav :thumb:

8. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

you are not alone!

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

good point and I agree.