Question about our corners...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chiefton, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Chiefton

Chiefton Founding Member

Who are these imposters wearing #13 and #29?

Last year, Daniels and Webster = Glue

This year, Daniels and Webster = Toast

I just don't understand what's wrong with these guys... :confused:

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

last year they had an incredible defensive front line batting down balls and making the Qb hurry. anotherwords they had alot of help.

Turner and Vaughn are still there, it just aint clicked in yet. LSU players are learning that a repeat NC isn't handed to you. NS has been trying to tell them that.

Growing pains

3. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

These two guys are not shut down cb's.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

just maybe

they were playing on reputation and hype?
    thought they could show up and win or overconfidence after last year?

It happens sometimes with young kids

5. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

I really believe one difference has been that the QB's are actuallly doing a better job of putting the ball in the right spot on those fade and deep sideline pass patterns. C. Web has actually struggled with that pattern often over the last couple of years when he is left by himself. I can remember many, many times watching and saying, man we got lucky that was a bad pass. The luck has run out. C.Web is one of the best when the ball is in front of him and he can make a break on the pass. But I would throw deep on him man to man all day long. I don't think he is as fast as we think, and I believe this will come out during his 40 times for pro scouts.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You got that totally backwards.

The LSU defense was able to be so aggressive because the corners covered so well. A ton of coverage sacks last year as well.

It's not the other way around.

7. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

They never got burned that bad today. Greene was just threading the needle and the UGA receivers were making some great catches. I'm still confident in our seconday, but a little pass rush from the D-Line would help immensely.

8. lmb20988

lmb20988 Founding Member

I agree, they weren't getting totally burnt. Greene was placing the ball perfectly on some of those throws.

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Coverage has been pretty good. There have been times when receivers have gotten behind out CBs. As for this afternoon, when you have a QB hitting on all cylinders, regardless of whether the CB is in the WR's jock, if you can't get to the ball because of where it is thrown, you just can't get there. Give lots of credit to Greene for veteran QB play and some spot on throws. There are several NFL corner's who would have looked bad this afternoon.

10. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

This reminded me so much of the Spurrier Florida Gators. Especially one year where it seemed like every pass was thrown perfect and we just couldn't reach it.