Question re: former LSU coach

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ROY_LA_CA, Dec 22, 2004.

1. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Coach Bill "Aunsberger" (Help with spelling his last name) came from the NFL, did great at LSU and left, I think for a co-ordinator job back in the NFL.

Anyone know what were the circumstances why he left when so much seemed to be going well?

2. GORILLA BALL

GORILLA BALL Founding Member

from what i remember he accepted that AD job at the univ of florida.

3. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

You're right --- I remember, he did take the AD job at UF and then I think he went back to the NFL.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

It's Arnsparger. And I believe he's the D-coordinator at Kentuck. That last sentence should say enough....

5. GORILLA BALL

mike archer is the def coor at kenyucky.

6. ST.TAMMANYTIGER

ST.TAMMANYTIGER Freshman

My Brother-in-law coached on Arnsbarger and Archer's staffs. Arnsbarger left because of Joe DEan. Hated the man. Archer was hired on Arnsbarger's recommendation. My brother in law told me the only reason he could figure Arnsbarger recommended Archer was that he hated Joe Dean so much, he knew Archer was the one guy who could screw up what he had built. No BS.

7. GORILLA BALL

does your brother in law have any suggestions for a "new" coach?

8. ST.TAMMANYTIGER

ST.TAMMANYTIGER Freshman

Haven't talked to him, but he is real good buddies with one of the coaches on Saban's staff, and his buddy thinks Saban is gone. Has been saying that since November. When the Miami job came open in Nov. Sexton and Saban were behind closed doors for a week. He said, "you don't do that unless you are on your way out".

9. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

If that is true it would be utter blasphemy because Saban outright lied to the fans "he loves and respects" by declaring he had no interest in teh Miami job. I really hope that is not accurate.

10. lctiger

lctiger Founding Member

people never have really understood the Arnsbarger to Archer thing. Bill told the administration that if they didn't change anything the returning team could contend for National Champ. 1987 10-1-1 not so bad finished #4/5 in polls (I was on that team. Everyone knew that Archer was young but hoped he could ride the wave for a year or two and then gain experience. If I remember right, Dean wasn't even officially named AD yet when Bill quit. LSU let Bill coach the Sugar Bowl even though they knew he was gone. And I get so sick of that missed out on Spurrier crap. People knew that UF was a year away from a new coach, Spurrier told LSU if he took the LSU job he wouldn't promise not to go back to his alma mater the next year.