Questions that bother me so

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Reauxrin' Tiger, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Reauxrin' Tiger

Reauxrin' Tiger Founding Member

Will Mike the Tiger be at the Super Dome?

I would love to see the looks on the Sooners faces when they come out of the tunnel and see Mike along with 70,000 of his human brethren.

Do you think that the Tigers benefit from going from the Georgia Dome to the Super Dome since both now have the same type of turf?

What kind of effect will the loss of Mike Stoops have on the OU coaching preparations?

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Alas ... Mike is a HOMEBOY ... we'd have to petition Skip probably

I would have loved to see him there too ... roaring and sending the crowd into a frenzy

Edge on the turf ... LSU ... familiarity
    equipment ... LSU has the right footwear ... OU has work to do

LOL, what kind of effect did it have last week? Bob Stoops will have to hustle to repair the damage done to his defense and their morale after a big day rushing. The cat is outta the bag ... White has trouble handling a pressure Defense that PLACES HIM SQUARELY ON HIS ARSE 20 TIMES A GAME ... GIVE HIM A HEISMAN, LOL ... I cannot wait ;)

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I am not sure about bob Stoops' game plan really having that big of an effect on the defense. 1) the defense coordinator was his brother, who probably coahes the way bob stoops does and 2) I am pretty damn sure that Bob SToops is no defensive slouch..

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

The turf is also the same that we played on at Ole Miss.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Yeah..but so was the Georgia Dome, wasn't it?

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

The Georgia Dome has FieldTurf, Ole Miss and the SuperDome has AstroPlay ... they're basically the same, but the FieldTurf is supposedly better.

If you watch closely, you can see the difference between the 2 surfaces when a player drags his cleats on the turf ... in the Ole Miss game (and Saints games if you watch), you can see alot of this black stuff (rubber pellets in the turf) flying up from the turf. You don't see as much flying up on the FieldTurf.

This may explain why we had a little trouble with footing at Ole Miss...

7. DValley

DValley Founding Member

They were saying during the Saints game that the new turf in the SuperDome isn't quite broken(worn down that much) in yet. Carney said he was having trouble kicking, mainly with his footing. I wonder if jackson had a similar problem in the georgia dome. If OK hasn't played on it, it's a definite advantage for LSU.

8. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

If it's a problem, it should be a problem for both teams. So hopefully it will even out.

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

The AstroPlay is a cheaper version (go figure with the Saints). The difference is in the base. I wouldn't expect the same type of slipping that we saw at Ole Miss. That had more to do with the dew on the field.

As for getting packed down, since the Superdome field is still relatively new, it hasn't packed yet. It will take a few more weeks to get there, and won't quite be as good as it could be if it were packed.

10. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Well, there are a couple more Saints game and the New Orleans Bowl there before LSU plays, so maybe it will pack by then.

Oh, and 5 high school games.