Quote of the week!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Sep 12, 2010.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Typically, I'm not big on 2-QB systems--especially when you see some teams use them both in the same drive, or in alternating drives when one of the QB's has found himself in a groove.

Mostly, I think it upsets each QB's ebb-n-flow. I'm not saying that every time a QB goes 0-3 and we're forced to punt, that you have to bring in the other guy. But I'm firmly in agreement that when the QB play is contributing to the entire offense "stalling" (as was the case this past weekend for the entire 3rd Q), it's time to see if the guy watching from the sidelines can provide a spark.

1 person likes this.
  2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Game, set, and Match!

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Our offense in 2007 should not be considered a 2-QB system. RP took - at most - a dozen snaps a game, and only had 2 plays to run. It was really a Wildcat offense, but the guy we had running it officially was listed as a QB, rather than a RB or WR.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That's the approach Arnsbarger took with Hodson and Guidry, and it worked very well, IMO. Hodson always seemed to come out sharper after stepping back and watching that one series in the first half.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Woodly / Ensminger actually did work better and they remind me a lot of Jefferson / Lee.....hmmmmm.:huh:

6. scr29

scr29 Freshman

Like the quote. Doubt that 2 QBs is the best route this year.

7. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Not sure; however, his niece Anna (Pat Lyons' daughter) graduated from LSU with a 4.0 GPA and was on the 08 NC track team.