Random thoughts

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jul 12, 2009.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If Michael Jackson brought blacks and whites together through his music, what did Otis Redding, The Temptations, The Four Tops, Percy Sledge, Ray Charles, The Supremes, Nat King Cole, Gladys Knight, Brooke Benton, Lou Rawls, etc., etc., etc., do?

Why does Obama get to "misread" or "have insufficient information" but George Bush "Lied to Americans"?

2. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

You already know the answer to these questions, SF. Just to stick with the theme though, here goes...

What kind of media frenzy would have started if Bush would have been photographically caught staring at a 16 year old girl's butt?

On a more general, but slightly related note, I enjoy watching the blatant hypocrisy people will buy into when it suits them. The sheer stupidity that is required is astonishing. It makes me very sad for this country but at the same time it always reminds me how much better I am than a lot of people. It also reminds me why I hate pretty much everyone I see when out in public.

I'm in a very bitter mood right now.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

the beaureacracy in the city of new orleans is one big cluster phuck.

4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

dude you should really lighten up, if you look at the video you will see he wasnt looking at her azz. It was the other guy. Im sure you have many more other things to fret over than that? Im guessing. Dont have a heart attack. lol

heres the video
    Obama Looking At Girl's Butt Video - Obama Checking Out Girl Video

check out the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vl2x2W9YgA&feature=fvw

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

So you are not guilty of this yourself?

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If Obama hadn't looked at that butt, I would be surprised. He needs a break from that #3 washtub that Michelle lugs around.

But, this is not a thread about Obama looking at butts.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I actually like Obama more now since he checked that chick out.

8. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

I'm not going to pretend I'm perfect and say no, but I am very conscious of it and I try my best not to do it. I was more referring to the people that just don't care and do it carelessly to suit the moment. "Two-faced", if you will...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not faulting the guy for checking the chick out...he is a dude after all. I'm just saying, there probably would have been a whole lot more ruckus in the media if it were Bush.

It was just a random thought that a buddy of mine and I had talked about before the UFC PPV this weekend so I thought I would post it in the Random Thoughts thread. I just happened to be slightly upset about other things when I posted it so my rant may have seemed a little over the top.

1 person likes this.
  9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I know, you are usually a pretty calm guy. But thats understandable.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Even earlier than that, try Satchmo himself. Blacks and whites popular music crossed over for the first time in the Swing Era. Cab Calloway, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, and Count Basie all had white listeners, while Glen Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Louis Prima, and Cole Porter had black listeners. Bennie Goodman had black musicians in his band in the '40's.

There is a fascination with being "the first black" something. Last week on TV, I swear to God, was a story about the "first African-American teenage female to fly across the country". Not exactly a Charles Lindbergh achievement. Not sure why it is even news. Black American females can do just about anything they want in this country.

You'll have to enlighten me on Obama's lies. It won't surprise me, all Presidents have lied including Clinton, Bush I , and Reagan.

Bush II had some whoppers that are hard to ignore. The biggest are "We know there are WMD's in Iraq" which got us into a war and was proven false. "We will be welcomed as liberators" was another. I was particularly galled by "I will identify and fire the person who leaked the CIA agent's name". Yet Armitage, Libby, and Cheney were not fired.