Ranking the Wide Receivers of the South

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, May 10, 2006.

1. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

i think its pretty for sure that laron will be a first rounder. chase pittman could be at 6'4. alley and justin could be too, that would be great. not sure on JR, gotta have agreat season, same with bowe. but i think one of our RBs will be there. dpends on who goes out(adrian peterson, gary russell out of minnesota) the SR rb class is kinda weak i think with just michael bush, forgetting who else. so i say most likey.
    1. laron landry
    2. alley broussard(knee pending)
    3. justin vincent(depending on brouss)
    4. dwayne bowe
    5. chase pittman
    6. jamarcus russell

2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Actually it wouldn't surprise me if they meant Davis and put Doucet. Seems like ESPN gets names wrong a lot with LSU.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

That would make more sense. Buster has been our most consistent receiver and rarely ever gets the press of the others. I would guess he'd be a third round receiver, but we'll see what happens next season.

4. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

We just gotta figure out how to keep him from getting concussions. Maybe having more than three pass routes this year will help.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Like the post above yours indicates, Bowe had an eye problem that caused him to lose sight of the ball when it got close to him. He had corrective surgery or laser this off season and should do much better.

6. friday

friday Founding Member

every year it seems as though WRs are drafted based on their 40 numbers and combine results more than any other position. OSU's Mike Hass who broke PAC-10 records catching everything (including that night in wet TS) in sight is relegated to the 6th round because he ran a 4.63 40. I think when we look back at this draft, he will be a more productive NFL WR than many of those speedsters picked ahead of him. my point is that doucet will have a good chance to be a high to mid rnd draft choice based on his speed and not his college stats.

Something to remember about Bowe. He is getting laser surgery this summer as the coaches felt his astigmatism was causing him to lose the ball a lot in the lights. As someone who had borderline extreme astigmatism prior to surgery, I can def see this being a problem for someone like bowe. hope it's the answer because the tigers need a big year out of dwayne.

7. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I'm sorry, but enough with the excuses. If it was so bad, he should have told someone, or if the team already knew, they should have replaced him or something, giving Brazell or someone a chance to actually hang on to a ball.

I do hope the surgery goes well for him. Maybe it will also corrects his horrid case of hearing-footsteps-itis.

I like Davis. He was fairly consistent last year, given all the low ball, bounce passes...

8. MemphisLSUTiger

MemphisLSUTiger Founding Member

No they definitely meant Doucet. They have an asterix by his name denoting that he is an underclassman.

I agree that Buster Davis is our most consistant reciever when healthy. He can't have another season full of concussions.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

asterisk*

I agree, bowe needs to get rid of the dropsies whether its bifocals or ear plugs but his form seems to be a big cause of his problems. Something a coach should be able to correct I would think.

i was the biggest doucet fan before he committed to LSU and have had to eat a lot of crow. he's definitely been a disappointment thus far but clearly just needs time to mature into his skills. It seems mentally he has a ways to go before he can be a special player. I still think he gets there just a lot longer than i anticipated.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Like most of our receivers, great potential that he failed to live up too last year. Hope to see significant improvement from all of them this year.