Rate each of the LSU starters' performance today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JohnLSU, Jan 1, 2010.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

On a scale of 1 to 10. I'd give Chad Jones the highest grade, he did outstanding. I'd give him a 9 or 10.

How would you rate the rest of our starter's performance today?

Anybody else deserve a 9 or 10 for their performance today?

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

As for PP, he'd get like a 5 or a 6, he didn't have a great game today.

1 person likes this.
  3. Dmarzio

Dmarzio Founding Member

Defense:

Peterson wasn't himself today, but he did make a couple of tackles. 7/10

I agree with you about C. Jones, but did not have much on special teams or an INT so 9/10.

Hawkins: 3/10

Alem: 2/10

Woods: 6/10 (had a nice couple of tackles)

The rest of the DLine: 5/10

The rest of the Secondary: 5/10

Offense:

Jefferson: 5/10 (took too long for him to get in any kind of rhythm. Lack of a running game, and receivers who can't catch didn't help)

Tolliver: 5/10 (Your job is to catch the damn ball when it is thrown to you. Nice you finally realized that in the 3rd quarter)

Lafell: 6/10 (only plays he really made were the touch down and one long reception. Otherwise he was invisible)

Ridley: 3/10 (maybe isn't entirely his fault. OLine was bad....again)

Oline: 4/10 (I dont think they gave up a sack, but weren't great all game)

GARY CROWTON: 1/10

LES MILES: 4/10

JOHN CAVIS: 6/10 (he did a decent job until his defense was too tired to get important stops. I was getting fed up with all of the soft zone crap though)

There you go, there is my gut reaction to that game. Overall the offense was horrendous, and the defense was struggling to keep their heads above water the second half (granted, they did do about as good as you can ask for given the amount of time they were on the field).

You won't see me saying that we need to can Les Miles or Gary Crowton or anything like that, but I think it is painfully obvious that something big needs a change. What exactly that is, I have no idea. Something has to give though....

1 person likes this.
  4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I don't think they gave up a sack either, which is incredible, being that the Penn State D is #6 in the NCAA in sacks, while the LSU O is #102 in the NCAA in sacks allowed. But PSU did flush JJ out of the pocket a lot... and LSU's rushing game was weak like it was all year.

5. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Peterson scores low in my book. He got beat a lot today. An awful lot.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

CJ3: 11/10. he was the ONLY player that i saw hustle and make plays.

tolliver: 4/10. your job is to catch balls, doofus.

jordan jefferson: 6/10. i thought he played well. he made some bad throws, but he did a better job of moving in the pocket and evading the sacks. the fact that gary crowton is his coach automatically awards him at least a 2/10, IMO.

reuban randel: negative 6/10. -6 because of the 6 points you dropped.

danny mccray: 0/10

patrick peterson: 4/10

LSU offense as a whole: 3/10

LSU defense as a whole: 7/10

LSU team as a whole: 4/10

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

everyone gets an "F" including the coaching staff, and officials who were just as bad if not worse than sec officials, except, chad jones b+, brandon taylor b-, josh jasper a, lafell b -, and jefferson c +. Jefferson i would have given a b but he had a terrible 1st quarter, and then the drops started. Play calling and personnel was trash, offensive line couldnt block in the run game. The gameplan was garbage, and patrick peterson probably had his worst game of his life. I guess its back to the most exciting part of lsu football since spring of 08 and that is the offseason, which is pretty sad. Seems miles has been eons better off the field of late. Apologies, this was posted from my phone

8. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Stop crapping on our players. You are not a true LSU fan.

2 people like this.
  9. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

LMAO!!!

How dare he say something negative about LSU!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

I agree with you on Chad Jones, he was the only one, IMO, playing with a passion to win! He gives it everything he has whether it's football or baseball! He doesn't get enough credit and LSU is lucky to have him! Some of the team played decent, some played better than I expected given the circumstances (the field), and some played far worse than I'd imagine! Fighting the field and the refs, I guess it's hard to actually focus.

JayB, check out the thread I started "What a jerk"! It's an article from Penn State quoting the guy that caused the penalty against Hitt and how he had it "planned"....what class they have! Good to see you back on Tigerforums!! Happy New Year to you and your family...may 2010 be better for you!

1 person likes this.