Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Ray Nagin- found GUILTY on 20 counts

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by Cajun Sensation, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal

Stick a fork in his ass.....he's done.
  2. lsutiga

lsutiga TF Pubic Relations

I strongly disagree with his corruptness but I kinda liked his personality.
  3. Cajun Sensation

You know, I agree with you on both points. I was in the same suite as he was during a Saints game and he's f'n hilarious.

But that being said, you do the crime, you do the time. I long for the day that NOLA gets rid of all of this corruption. It has, quite literally, always been this way in New Orleans.
  4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Not to excuse what Nagin was convicted for....namely accepting cash and vacations for city contracts, but why are US senators and congressmen allowed to accept cash and vacations in exchange for their votes ?????

Can anyone explain to me why lobbying isn't treason ????
    b_leblanc, mctiger, red55 and 2 others like this.
  5. Cajun Sensation

I guess he'll be living in his own little chocolate city, of sorts, for the next 20+ years.
  6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

You start to feel sorry for the guy then you realize that he stole from the people of New Orleans. He campaigned on a platform of anti corruption. The guy is weak, that is pretty much it.
    stevescookin likes this.
  7. lsutiga

lsutiga TF Pubic Relations

I imagine most of them (politicians) start out clean. They get so much "power" I can understand how the lines may get blurred if they aren't REALLY solid, ethically.
    stevescookin likes this.
  8. dudley

dudley Veteran Member

This +1000
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So the moral of the story is run for a federal post not a state one. He'd just be another politician in Washington.
  10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos I'm self-smart

I've wondered that for years. The only reason that I can come up with is....wait for it....lobbies.:confused:

Think about it. We're asking the people who benefit from lobbies to make them illegal. It's the perfect crime.