Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Ray Nagin only sentenced to 10 years

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by stevescookin, Jul 9, 2014.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's about right. It's about the same sentence that Edwin Edwards got
  3. lsutiga

lsutiga TF Pubic Relations

I think it's a just punishment for what he did. 10 years at his age ain't no picnic.

I liked him. Thought he had a lot of charisma. I wish things would have worked out differently for him.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Senior Member

He started well...I think Katrina gave him a psychological blow he never recovered from. His actions and demeanor went through a radical change during that time.
  5. old school

old school Freshman

He started off as if he were going to route out corruption. Then as time went on he became an arrogant S.O.B. After the racist Chocolate City speech where he attempted to imitate the cadence of Martin Luther King, Jr. and proclaimed that the city would be chocolate because God wants it that way, I began to genuinely dislike him. I was actually hoping he would have received a stiffer sentence. Age should have nothing to do with the length of a sentence. There is never an opportune time to go to prison. If you are young, your attorney could argue you will be serving the prime years of your life. I saw on television that Edwards received the same sentence, but I also saw where "dollar bill" Jefferson had a longer sentence.
  6. locoguano

locoguano Fear the Beard.

Should have all of his property seized as well...
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Prison is a good place to learn the blues. We should chip in a buy him a guitar. When he gets out he can be The Chocolate City Blues Man