Reading a good book?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal Buddy, May 3, 2007.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I was courious if anyone is currently reading a particularly good book. Right now I am reading The Story of Britain by Rebecca Fraser. It covers the history of Great Britain from the Roman conquest to the present time. A very well-written and interesting narrative history. I highly recommend it.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I just finished Criminal Procedure, a roughly 1,300 page textbook on the foundation of our freedom. Sure, it wasn't by choice, but at times is fascinating.

I'm reading some horrible novel. I'll have to go upstairs to see what it is, but it's damned terrible.

3. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

"The Event" by David Lynn Golemon.

Just started it.

Also, reading "The Bible in 90 Days." It's a NIV translation Bible designed to be read in 90 days. I'm on my 3rd go around so far. My goal is to read it 4 times in 1 year.

4. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Well, technically it is a book, but it is more light reading:

If Disney Ran Your Hospital, only a couple of hundred small pages, not statistically validated, but it does look outside the numbers....

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

"spook: science tackles the afterlife", by mary roach. fantastic. interesting and funny. mary roach is really entertaining. she also wrote: "stiff: the curious lives of human cadavers", which was also terrific.

good novels are impossible to find, i dont bother trying. we were forced to read most good novels in high school, and there was nothing left for us as adults. in general, novels suck.

6. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

The last book I read was Luckiest Man: Life and Death of Lou Gehrig Incredibly good biography, although that is probably a little biased due to my absolute mancrush on Lou Gehrig.

7. NoLimitMD

I like to speed read serial killer type novels before bed. Or maybe Clancy or Cussler. I don't read them for their literary quality...I just like a good story.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I sure hope you don't sleep walk. :)

9. NoLimitMD

:rofl: That's awesome...except I actually used to sleep walk A LOT. I finally outgrew it once I started drinkin'. :hihi:

10. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

You probably already read it, but War and Remembrance is a good tale.