Reason LSU plays daytime football games?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DocBrooks, Mar 1, 2006.

1. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

I agree! Money has alot to with with may things, but not when a football game is played!

2. tigerball

tigerball Founding Member

Money may be the main reason to not turn down networks regardless of the time frame, but recruiting and exposure must also be considered. Playing on TV is like an informercial for the school, both academics and athletics.:lsup:

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Money talks grasshopper, this in time you will learn.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I'm sure they won't write you back, but if they did, they would explain that whatever programming they have on saturday nights have higher ratings than most college football games could draw. I know it's hard to believe, but not everyone is a college football fan.

Think about it. If they could make more money showing college football every saturday night, they would do it in a heartbeat.

5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Money is involved at every level of college sports. Don't think money is not a factor. Maybe not THE factor, but definately a factor. At any rate, it is a moot issue because as I said before, I do not believe an SEC team can turn down a TV spot.

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I am not talking about every Saturday night. I am talking about LSU getting those games when they have them at night.

I know CBS does not show a game every single Saturday night, but they do have them every now and then and I have YET to see LSU in one of those games.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Money is the concept that America was built on. I love money. LSU loves money. That's just how it works.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not really. The SEC member schools have contractual obligations to move games to fit the TV schedule. Skip can and has influenced the process and lobbied to not move certain important games, but usually LSU must move them. There are certain loopholes. For instance no team has to move a game to the 11:30 AM JP game time slot more than one time per season.