Recruiting

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ChineseBandit, Jan 5, 2004.

1. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

So... how many of us think that Early Doucet, Marlon Favorite and Luke Sanders will want to play for the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPION LSU Tigers?

:D :geaux: :D :geaux: :D :geaux: :D :geaux: :D

I think the attitude toward LSU among high school athletes in this state just improved tremendously. This won't be Nick's first great recruiting class but there is always that pull toward teams that have won the big one recently. "Do I stay close to home or go to Miami and compete for a National Championship every other year?" Even Michael Clayton and Marcus Spears said they had to answer that question and almost chose Miami. Well, that all changes now. The system at LSU is already in place. I predict we have a top 5 class for the next three years straight, and 85% of them come from right here in Lousiana.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I sure hope they do!!!

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think if winning the NC was the only or even the main reason kids chose their college their would be a lot of unhappy kids at colleges where they weren't suited. By the same token I don't just blow off the effect this may have. I am just glad that was a factor in the decisions of the super studs who chose us, guys that everyone recruited such as Spears, Clayton, Vincent, Brousard, Adai, Hill, etc.

4. 77demon

77demon Freshman

They can chose to go to a school and win numerous individual awards, or go to a school that only wins one award!!

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Anyone know our chance of signing Bell, the safety from Alabama. I think his footage on "Countdown to Signing Day" was as impressive as any recruit that I saw.

As I was watching the game last night and noticed the number high quality athletes on the field from Louisiana, I recalled just a few years ago, most of those guys would have been playing for Nebraska, Tenn, Fla St, and Miami.
    What a difference there has been since the old LSU administration has passed on and the new leaders with vision have taken charge. Mr. Emmert, Skip. and Coach Saban, Thanks.

6. Soap

Soap Founding Member

We've locked down the borders baby! I think we'll be good every year as long as we can get whoever we want in the state.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

next year will be a very important out of stae year for us as LA is supposed to be way down in talent with this group of juniors.

8. lsucorndog

lsucorndog Founding Member

hopefully this will be enough to steer Xavier Carter in this direction. Imagine having doucet and carter. Damn.

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Jamarcus was just as elated as some of the seniors. When your future QB who is red-shirted just won a NC ring without taking a snap, you know he made the right decision.

That speaks volumes to those kids. A chance to play at home (Early in particular), looking at who you will be playing with, and knowing that LSU is making huge strides to keep their coach for an extended stay. LSU will continue to be at the upper level for many more years. And that will put us in the league where we are able to pick and choose they guys we want to offer. just like Miami, FSU, old ND, etc.

10. Vega$$ainT

Vega$$ainT Founding Member

I do not think this will pursuade marlon favorite to come here, but i sure wish he would.

eric