Remaining Schedule

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tzanghi, Oct 12, 2010.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

Now that we've made it through have of the regular season schedule, let's examine the rest. I'll only pay attention to the games that should be games, leaving out McNeese St., ULM, and Ole Miss. That leaves us with @Auburn, Alabama in Tiger Stadium, and @Arky. Where do you guys think we are after we head to Arky?

My prediction is that we will only drop one of the games, probably the one @Auburn. I think their offense is a machine, and I don't think anyone can stop Cam Newton except for maybe 'Bama. I also find their defense to be pretty darn good as well. I do predict that we take down 'Bama in our unfriendly confines because we are coming off of a bye. Miles is a great coach when he has extra time to prepare for a game, and he will use the bye week to get us ready for 'Bama. As for Arky, I don't see them having as high aspirations at the end of the year. I think they will drop one or two in between now and when we play them. Not to say that they will let up, but I think our defense can keep Mallett under wraps enough for our offense to score enough to win. I think Mallett will really struggle against our secondary and our quick and disruptive Dline. My gut tells me that we will drop two of these games, but I'm pulling for only one which could put us in the SECCG.

Anyways, that's just my two cents.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

you must be a pac10 convert.

arky will be the toughest.

3. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

Kelvin Sheppard's only duty that night is to hit Newton every play. Hit him hard every single play. The other ten guys will take care of business. I can't wait for this one.:tigereye:

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Ole Miss must not be underestimated. They are a trap game lurking for an overconfident team.

I think we drop both road games. If we pull one out it will be lagniappe.

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Ole Miss always comes ready to play. Just like in 2006 at JaMarcus Russell's last home game. Rivalry games are tough.

6. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

NEVER underestimate the Ole Miss game...they can be winless and still show up for the LSU game.

I believe they game plan for that game every summer and say screw the rest of the schedule...any other win is lagniappe. i ked :grin:

7. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

If I were a betting man, I would bet that we would lose all three games, because eventually Les' luck will run out at an inopportune time.

I am not a betting man-LSU wins all three.

GEAUX TIGERS

8. PGizle

PGizle Veteran Member

simply put with LSU's defence we can beat anyone, with LSU's offence anyone can beat us however i believe if J Lee can continue to hit 80% of his passes and we decide that his 80% passing is more valuable than JJ's 50 yards a game than we can once again be an SEC powerhouse

1 person likes this.
  9. Joe Zorn

Joe Zorn Regsitered Tiger Fan

The facts are:
    - LSU has the best defense in the SEC.
    - Take away the turnovers and penalities, and the LSU offense moves well against anyone's defense.
    - LSU players are winners. Winners find a way to win.
    - The two quarterback system is doing better than anyone forsaw.
    - Les has a rabbit's foot up his cush.

Going into Little Rock, LSU could easily be undefeated with a win there just a formality because one loss easily could get them to Atlanta.
    .........LSU and Bama beat Auburn
    .........LSU joins SC in beating Alabama
    .........SC joins Alabama in beating Arkansas

..so an LSU win is not vital if they go undefeated into Arkansas in November.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

What makes you say this? Have you considered that our defense might be better than Alabama's?

I'm not sure, yet, but we may be prematurely afraid of AU. Absolutely, we'll need to bring our "A" game, but when I've watched AU this year, they are certainly beatable (as are we.)