Remembering my first car

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by goldengirlfan, Nov 13, 2006.

1. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Mine wasn't quite this pretty but approximate color. Got it when I was 16. I loved that '57 Chevy. Lots of good times. Wish I'd kept it.

Your first car ?

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

'57 Chevy has got to be the best looking car ever made. If I ever won the lottery, one of my splurges would be buying a '57 Chevy restored in mint condition.

My first car was a '67 GTO. Man, would that thing haul a**. Of course, back then gas was .50 cents a gallon. :lol:

3. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

mine was a 1990 grand prix le with power everything and a two-tone paint job (candy red/ silver). all red interior with the plush "elderly" seats. it had the 3.1 v6 with a flowmaster and ran like a champ. the back passenger window didn't work though. 175k miles on her when i sold it

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

1980 Oyster Grey Buick Regal with a white vinyl top. Oh, and those wire hubcaps with white walls. Somebody decided they needed it more than I did and drove off with it while I was in class in HS.

5. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

my dad's first new car was a 72 nova with the 350, it was a dark blue outside and in. four on the floor and it's only options on it was the fm transmitter and A/C.

it's pretty cool because my first new car was a 04 cavalier with the ecotec and the 5 speed getrag transmission, which is today what the small block was back then. anyway the only options i have was a/c (that is an option up north). it now has a cd player but when i first got the car, it only had a radio.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

92 silver Camry (in 2000 when I turned 16). A/C only worked at selective times. The thing had over 220,000 miles on it by the time I got my next car in 03. It was the newer body style so it didn't look that dated, but it was cheap enough that it wouldn't be a big hit if I wrecked it (never did though) - making it a great first car from my parent's perspective.

Pretty much like this, except light silver.
    [​IMG]

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I got mine in 2002 on my 16th birthday. It was an 87 4runner. The AC was freezing but took about 30 minutes to get going.
    - 270,000 miles

This is not mine but an example:
    View attachment 7994

8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

1966 Mustang. Was originally yellow, but we painted it blue. I hated it. I just thought of it as an old, rundown car when I had in high school in the late '70s. I whined so much about it during high school, my father traded it for a 1977 grand prix as a graduation present. Yeah, he waited until I got out of high school to give me a car with a big back seat.:hihi:

This is not it, but looks very much like it.

[​IMG]

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Great thread that brings back a lot of good memories isn't it??? :lol:

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

No kidding. Too bad I didn't appreciate that mustang back then. I wouldn't mind having it today.