Represent LSU with Respect

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gulf Coast Tige, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Great post.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Good points. We're on the national stage this week and want to give a favorable impression to the rest of the country. There's also nothing wrong with "friendly" banter between LSU/UGA fans but it's best to just turn your back if it gets too heated. We want to make this whole GameDay thing an annual event. With the program on the rise and the best pre-game atmosphere in the country, it's up to the fans to keep things civil.

3. Tigerdog007

Tigerdog007 Founding Member

WE SHOULD GET SOMEONE TO HOLD UP A TIGERFORUMS.COM POSTER.....THAT WOULD BE SWEET!!!

4. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

I'm not sure you're aware but the ESPN format usually has the commentators behind a net. Where occasionally opposing teams toss something at the Net behind them when they predict the other team will win Nothing ever hits them ( the announcers.) It's very whipped cream pie in your face kinda thing
    I don't think anyone on this forum was seriously talking about hurling anything that would hit any of the announcers. I wasn't.
    Jeez.

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

The net is up there b/c of their last visit to Baton Rouge. Whoever the dumbass was who threw a golf ball at em is to blame.

Pathetic behavior.

6. Geauxld Member

Geauxld Member Founding Member

ESPN game day

I've seen a net at almost every Game Day they've ever done.
    I saw Bama hurl a ton of stuff at the net when corso predicted OU would win.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Great post...

8. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Re: ESPN game day

I know they use the net at all sites. They started using them after the LSU v Florida game of 97.

One of the preseason publications did an article on ESPN Gameday and interviewed Fowler, Corso and Herbstreit. One of them talked about the golf ball incident and said that ever since that game they have used a net.

Sad way to change a programs presentation format..........

9. Marty

Marty Founding Member

Re: ESPN game day

Ohhhh. So that makes it ok to throw stuff.

10. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

God, wouldn't that be great if our fans actually did that? Like most schools, the greatest majority of our fans are good, positive, respectful, responsible, spirited people. And, like most schools, there are a few idiots who throw golf balls, hold up woefully stupid signs and generally behave like imbecils. And of course it is the latter group of jokers who more often get noticed.

Those of us who are in the majority need to make it our own mission not only to set the better example but also to do whatever is within our power to keep the twits at bay. If we see someone embarrassing LSU, confront them (yeh, as if that would do any good). We do it in here. Let's not tolerate the idiocy at the games either.