Republican States Are More Dependent On Government

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Mar 24, 2015.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Actually i asked the 1st question in which YOU dodged and responded with a question.

Take your own advice.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You asked a question that made no sense. So I asked you to make your point. Then you just asked another question that made no sense. Adios.

3. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

A survey by the Maxwell Poll on the political affiliation of those receiving government aid showed this to be the case.

Type of Benefit Received Percent Voting Democrat Percent Voting Republican
    Public Housing
    81%

12%

Medicaid
    74%

16%

Food Stamps
    67%

20%

Unemployment Compensation
    66%

21%

Disability (from Govt.)
    64%

25%

Welfare/Public Assistance
    63%

22%

Of the 25 most violent cities Harris mentions, only 16 percent were located in red counties, compared to 84 percent in blue counties. Lastly, recent polling on the voting habits of prison population show 61.5 percent of convicts to be Democrats compared to 9 percent Republican.

http://rare.us/story/exploding-the-lefts-red-state-myths/

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well that's easy, way more poor and middle class than rich. I don't get why people keep saying the decline of America is because of liberalism when it's Repubs who cut funding to everything except defense, and tax breaks for the rich.

In another thread @TwistedTiger (no hard feelings Homie, Im not trying to insult you or pick a verbal spat) pretty much blamed the country's downfall on handouts, and people wanting shit for free, and liberalism. The only people getting massive amounts of free shit are corporations and billionaires, while education is destroyed, Medicaid, planned parenthood, food stamps ect.

No one finds any correlation to the eroding of our country and our children getting dumber to vast cuts to education over the years so Sheldon Adelson's son doesn't have to pay taxes on inherentance he sat around so hard for. Same for trump and Romney.

You can't sit here and honestly say that our government comsistently reverse robin hooding the schools to give to the Rich hasn't had anything to do with our plummeting math and science scores. Oh and the denial of science doesn't help either.

5. gyver

Handouts are fucking the country. People have learned to rely on them to much and that has led to generations of dependency. Corporations that give large donations to politicians in return for political favors included. That goes for both parties.
    Schools have been getting more and more funding and scholastic abilities have been declining for decades. Thanks to teacher unions and administrative waste in large part.
    Cut welfare and you'll see people either be forced to rely on themselves, and quit fucking and voting for a living, or shot for trying to take other people's stuff. Win win in my opinion.
    The more the government gives the more it has to take.
    And liberals are a screwed up lot. Race baiting, political correctness, you hurt my feelings bunch of weirdos that think they know what's better for everyone else but cant seem to take care of themselves.

6. LaSalleAve

So why not cut out subsidies to oil
    Companies? Or raise taxes on the 1 percent? I'm here to tell you my daughter's school has about 40
    Or 50 fundraisers a year because their budgets have been slashed. Why not give every kid a tablet for school instead of building a million tanks that will never get used. Or use all the money that goes into campaigns to rebuild schools, hire former GOOD teachers to evaluate the teachers, use that money for things that matter instead of pumping billions to try and erqdicate pot.

The 1st step in all of this is completely eliminating lobbyists, and completely eliminating campaign investments. 1000 bucks per person, that's it. No more. Put everyone back to work rebuilding schools and bridges and roads and railway. And get that money from campaign contributions and taxing the 1 percent and corporations like they did in the 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's. Repubs always wanna go back to the way it used to be. Well great, tax Em the way it used to be. That's why this country was the greatest on earth, because of a thriving MIDDLE CLASS not a thriving handful of people.

7. gyver

I would eliminate the IRS and do away with all the other taxes. Place a %20 tax on purchases and be done with it. That way everyone actually pays their "fair share".
    Cut payments to all other countries and kill those that even think about fucking with us.
    You act like it's only Repubs getting lobbied and giving tax breaks. Democrats are guilty as hell as well. Barry has done a pretty good job of dishing out tax dollars to companies and friends have that supported him.
    As for teachers. If parents became more involved in their kids education they wouldn't have to hire more administration to oversea teachers. The parents would be the overseers. And put corporal punishment back in school. If a kid needs an ass whipping then the principle should give them one.
    Those receiving govt assistance should have to earn it as well. Amount received/ minimum wage= hours of community service. ( cleaning public facilities, filling pot holes, disaster relief services, etc).
    I haven't met a motherfucker yet that deserves anything for free.
    As for drugs. Smoke all you want. Farm it like a cash crop and pay 20 cents on the dollar when you buy a bag.
    Do what you want as long as your not harming or costing someone else. I'm even for abortions. If you can't support yourself you don't need to be having kids. Spay and neuter all of them.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's nuts! A rich guy will still buy that Lamborghini no matter what he has to pay and I would have to scrape up an extra 11% over the 9% tax I already pay to buy a Chevy.

9. gyver

He'll pay more taxes on the Lambo than you will on the Chevy. The car will be about 30-40% cheaper once the corporate tax is eliminated also.

And another thing. People need to Quit worrying about what others can afford and either better themselves so they can do the same or STFU.

10. LaSalleAve

No you're right I know Dems lobby too. And I also know they take lots of "contributions" as well. If the 2 political parties were villains from Star Wars. GOP would Palpatine and Dems are Vader, they are both evil but at this point in history right now, the Dems have good locked away inside them. It used to be the other way around.