Reuben Randle and Debose to LSU based on tonight's performance by JJ

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Andouille

Andouille Guest

It isn't based off one game. It's based on how he played leading up to today's game AND today's game which was very impressive. This kid is only a true freshman and played lights out. He's done everything he can this year to be as optimistic as one could be.

The point is that Bama's future QB's haven't shown nearly as much promise and their potential remais to be seen. Throw in Shep, Garret and a still talented J Lee and there is plenty for a young receiver to be excited and optimistic about at LSU.

2. clair

clair Rockets

I get that.

Jefferson will be a stud. I said that since Day 1. I got laughed at when I said he was more freshman ready than Perrilloux.

All I'm saying is that recruits on the fence won't look and see: LSU WON BY 35, I WILL GO THERE FOR SURE NOW!

There's a lot more to it than that.

Don't get me wrong, I think LSU gets both of the above mentioned players. I'd even bet on it.

All I am trying to say is they'd have gotten them win, lose or draw today, too.

Winning helps, no doubt.

But 85% of the undecided recruits already know where they're going -- just didn't say it yet.

Perrilloux for example was a silent LSU commit for weeks and weeks before signing day.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

And I wasn't even basing it on the 38-3 score.

I would have said the same thing had we won 38-34. I was only worried about what Jefferson would look like.

I was excited Crowton had all the confidence in the world to let it rip and allow Jefferson to show how flexible and talented he is. He did exactly that last night.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I could not have said it better myself.

Thank you Mr. Sausage.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I gave mine a few times this year without going into too many details.

RR will be in P&G:geaux:

6. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

As others have said, the QB situation for the future is what makes the difference.

I've heard the Randle camp openly address those questions at QB, and with the potential JJ has shown, I personally feel MUCH better about our chances with him!:lsup: