Rich Tellshow's BCS Standings (Full SOS)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Atltiger, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Atltiger

Atltiger Founding Member

Here is Rich's updated BCS Standings. I know this means nothing but he did this because he was asked to by his website viewers.
    The Final should be in when all the computer polls come in later in the day.

http://www.geocities.com/rtell/bcs.html

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

shouldn't we have a qw bonus of 1.2? ou is ranked 3rd so shouldn't that be a .8 deduction and uga is 6th so shouldn't that be a .4 deduction?

3. Atltiger

Atltiger Founding Member

He will correct it when the final computers come in. His message board has people asking those questions

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

they did that all year based on where a team would have been ranked before the deductions were factored in so it always appeared to be somewhat skewed, but this doesn't appear to be the case now. HHHMMM!!!

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Some fodder for the USC people to think about is the fact that LSU was 3-0 versus the BCS final top 10.

6. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

You know, this means we are not CO-Champions. We are truly THE National Champion thanks to the polls. Counting all the computer polls, LSU is 78% National champion to USC's 22%. So, LSU is the MAJORITY CHAMPION! I like that...spread the word!

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I will have to email him on this. He missed the QW we get for OU that would give us 1.3 cumulative QW. Also, there is no way USC passes LSU in SOS since we played a 12-1 OU team while USC played a 10-2 Michigan team. I projected LSU down to no worse than 15th spot. He has us at 23rd. He has our opponent's opponents record all screwed up for some reason.

After these corrections, LSU would have a 2.80 BCS score. USC would have a 5.13 score. How sweet is that. Not even close.

8. DJBurke

DJBurke Founding Member

RB is the only poll to have us #2