Rick Jones new head coach?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal Buddy, May 29, 2006.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Dandy Don is reporting rumors that Smoke Lavel will be fired and Rick Jones of Tulane will be hired to replace him. Personally, I don't believe it, but I was curious how others feel about Rick Jones. If it turns out to be true, it seems to me that once again we are chosing a head coach without conducting a national search.

2. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

I dont know if Rick Jones would be the best choice, but I think he would be better than Smoke.

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Sometimes us guys don't think things all the way through:

4. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

My eyes! Ze goggles do nothing.

5. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

He defniitely wouldn't be my first choice, but I also believe he would be an upgrade to Smoke.

6. Broke

Broke Founding Member

Hawk,

I must ask you to remove this picture from your post. It was supposed to be an intimate encounter between my wife and myself. It somehow (must have been the illegal aliens I employ in my house) got out and was posted on the internet. I will be forced to take legal action if you don't comply immediately.:hihi:

7. ragincajun1987

ragincajun1987 Founding Member

Personally, I would be ecstatic if we got Rick Jones. The job that he's done with TooLame this year has been exceptional considering all of the talent that he lost last year and the conditions under which the team had to compete. I also think that it would give us a tremendous boost in recruiting. There are currently three or four of the state's blue chip prospects that have narrowned their choices to LSU and Tulane. Where do you think that they would go is Rick is LSU's coach????:yelwink2:

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Well, there goes the rumor that the guy on the bottom is Urban Meyer... the "lady", his gift from the Mormons when he left Utah.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I suspect that a lot of the fans that are true and loyal to the LSU baseball program would have a hard time accepting that hire.

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Gotta agree with you. There is no love lost between LSU and Tulane. I don't think most LSU fans would accept Jones.