Ricky Williams says passion for football has returned

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 5, 2004.

?

Would you take him on your team?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2004.
  1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    28.2%
  2. Hell No

28 vote(s)
    71.8%
  1. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Ricky wont even last a year in the NFL if they properly drug test him

2. SmokeUBiatch

SmokeUBiatch Founding Member

go ricky go ricky go ricky

3. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

He isn't suspended for an entire year. He must sit out an entire year because he filed for retirement. And guess what? Miami wants him back. Wanny is fighting to keep his job and would take him back in a second. If you think that the most the Dolphins could get is a 6th round pick for a guy who was the best RB in the league just two short years ago then you must be smoking his stuff.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Miami players already on record as not wanting anything to do with him.

Wanndstedt is already a goner. The season is already over. Miami will go 2-14.

Ricky must serve his drug suspension from the league before he is allowed to play again.

So obviously you would take a serial killer on your team if you thought it would help.

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

He'll end up in arena football where he belongs.... that's if he's lucky.

6. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

When he filed for retirement his failed drug tests became meaningless (unless he finds a way around the required one year away from the game). If he is forced into the NFL's drug program he will be suspended for maybe 2 or 3 games, but if he does not return until next year that is doubtful. Wanny is not already a goner, Wayne Hyzuengia (sp?) has some blind faith in him, but I pray that he will be canned after this season (during the season works too though). And comparing a pot smoker to a serial killer is ridiculous, considering there are players on every team who are doing it (Ricky was just the only one to quit over it before realizing that he made a mistake).

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yeah you're right I shoulda asked it this way:

I guess you'll take any quitter to play for your team, as long as you think it will help you.

Talk back at me after you hear the truth about his suspension.

8. mtntiger

mtntiger Freshman

What a Bunch of #$%#W^#$%!!!!!!!

The only passion that's returned is his passion for all that moolah. Smoking weed costs money, and so did his dumba$$ decision to give up football without understanding what 'retiring' would do to his bank account.

The NFL doesn't need Williams. Williams needs the NFL. What's funny is, every employer in the world knows he's a dope fiend now, so even if he wanted a 'regular' job, he'd still have to pass a drug test to get a paycheck, which is exactly the kind of thing he railed against.

As Bugs Bunny once said, "What a maroon!"

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Make him repay the money, and if his passion for the game is still that strong afterward, rework a new contract in the Dolphins favor with major contingents. :) :) :)

10. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

He's an idiot. That's all there is to it. First of all, running backs have a very limited life in the NFL, or in football in general. It's not like a deep snapper. These cats take a beating. Personally I think he's an idiot in the first place for smoking pot period, and then even more of an idiot for not being able to give it up for a few years so he can stock up. Then he could retire and smoke all the pot he wants until all 123 of his remaining brain cells are gone. We all know the guy is a gifted back, but he's really only had one great year, and that was his first in Miami. The rest of his career has been that of an above average back battling injury and not living up to expectations.

I think he's still got some life left in him, and (unfortunately) I'm sure somebody will want him, but I sure wouldn't take him. No matter what his teamates say, there will be a lack of respect towards him, and some hard feelings for screwing them this season, and that can't be good. And if I was a coach, I sure wouldn't want to depend on him as my #1 back for fear that he would "retire" again right before the season begins. What a loser.