Right War, Right Time? Kerry backs Bush's $82bn request

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUDeek, Feb 15, 2005.

1. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

It is impossible for Kerry to bring the troops home, you know that, he knows that, attempting to do anything about it in that way would just be a waste of time. This is the next best thing for Kerry to do in terms of supporting the troops. I don't see a probelm with what he did.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Beats me. Kerry is irrelevant to the war situation, as far as I'm concerned. The election's over and he's just another senator trying to get reelected. Who knows for what political reasons he decides on a vote? I voted for Kerry because he was the not-Bush candidate. I really don't give a rat's ass how a Massachusetts senator votes at this point.

The war issue is about George Bush, amigo. His war, his responsibility. Trying to dredge up some old bogeyman to gripe about, especially after he just voted with your side, is a very transparent attempt to divert attention from the people who are actually in charge of the problem.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Who's trying to "divert attention"? I'm asking all of the people who voted for Kerry to explain his actions in this case. Since you can't, you've resorted to very subtle personal attacks.

"Our side" has claimed since the beginning that Kerry hasn't a shred of honor or integrity, and should have his face on the side of an Eggo box. This just continues to show that we were and are correct.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

thats smart. i wrote in david duke for the same reason. i doesnt matter if your guys is worse, as long as he isnt bush. any information about how bad he is should be discounted.

5. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

nice post red! :thumb:

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

You are comparing Duke to Kerry? Quite over-board.

His point is fine...if you don't like Candidate A, vote for Candidate B. People take the notion that they didn't want to vote for Bush and run with it until the thing is dragging on its heels being strangled.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

thats stupid. the candidate should actually be better. my example demonstrates the flaw in that logic. i could write in a communist candidate, and he isnt bush, so by your stupid logic he is a smart vote, but see, he isnt.

simple logic: different is not equivalent to better.

stupid logic: if candidate A sucks, vote for candidate B, independent of merit.
    smart logic: vote for best candidate.

if the only thing you want is a candidate that is not bush, then yes, they are equally valuable candidates, as they are not bush to the exact same extent.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Personal attack, my ass. I answered your question. Are you gonna cry, now?

Hey, I stayed out of this thread because it was irrelevant and silly. But you called me out by name to explain a subject I didn't care about. So I told you just that. If you don't like it, then stick it in your ear.

Don't ask me questions if you're just going huff up and pout when I give you an answer that upsets your little wagon.

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

The only thing stupid is how over-board you are making candidate B in the thought process of Kerry and Bush. Kerry is not a communist and neither was any other of the Independet/Lib. politicans running.

If someone hates Bush and therefore votes for the other person, that is their own choice. Whoever doesn't like your "better" candidate is making a stupid decision?

Christ, I voted for Bush and would over Kerry anyday.

I don't see where you are going with this.......

And yes....a communist running this country wouldn't be good...I think we get that :dis:

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

only if they justify it by claiming they will vote for anyone who isnt bush, which is stupid. the only way to justify that would be if bush was literally the worst person in the universe. understand that?

please pay attention. i didnt even say bush is better, only that voting for candidate x based on the qualification that he is not candidate y is ridiculous.

watch closely: red said:

which is a terrible justification. that means kerry needs no merit other than not being bush. he could be a nazi satan (i'm not saying he is, it is just an example!) and that would be fine with red, because he isnt bush.

also, there were plenty other candidates on the ballot, (plus unlimited write-ins) that are not bush. red is distancing himself from his flawed candidate by making basically meaningless statements.

fail to understand again and i will break it down to a level of simplicity that will be embarassing. you shouldnt argue with me, just agree and keep quiet and you will be better off.