Rightist wingnuts want it called a war militarily but captives detainees for a reason

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tom, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Pretty much says it all in this link that mentions forcing prisoners to kneel for hours in black hoods or spray painted goggles. The "detainees" are deprived of sleep as they are bombarded by lights. Some captives are handed over to foreign governments who are known to torture captives without going through any legal process at all. Are these techniques a recount of history from the German Gestapo -- no, actually, these are the techniques employed by the CIA with that POS Sapling's blessing. Sapling should try to understand what principles this country was founded on before he LIES about a military operation being a war, only to turn around and deny rights established under the Geneva War Convention for prisoners of war including limiting interrogation times.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37943-2002Dec25.html

2. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Your hypocrisy and lies amaze me

First, I never defended nor said that the terrorist attacks were justified. However, when the US applies hypocritical standards, there is no surprise why the world turns against this country. I realize you guys don't really believe in this country trying to be better than most other countries, but that is what this country was founded upon. To bring this country down to the international terrorist level or to break international laws is wrong and hypocritical. If other countries were doing similar tactics to US citizens, you would hear this country's outrage. But hey, keep being hypocritical -- you can be just as stupid as you wish and you will never know the difference.

3. Tom

Tom Founding Member

>>I care that my family and my fellow Americans are safe from Islamic nuts.

And my guess is that many in the world want to keep themselves safe from tin-plated dictators like Sapling. That is probably the main reason that North Korea is stepping up their nuclear program. Also, I bet the Palestinians want to keep their family safe from Israelis bulldozing their houses in the past, sweeping into refuge camps and shooting first and asking questions later, etc. The people of this country want to be safe from the rightist evangelical nuts like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell trying to force people to live their lives like THEY think they should be lived. So once again your UTTER HYPOCRISY shows itself bigtime.

>>"there is no surprise why the world turns against this country." As if it's our fault the rest of the world is jealous and/or hates us.

The reason the rest of the world doesn't like the US AT THIS POINT is that Sapling and his goons have taken hypocrisy to an art form. Sapling decries when OTHERS violate international law, but doesn't mind violating Geneva War Convention edicts, does he? The US has always stood for due process, but now all of a sudden, secret tribunals are OK, clandestine operations to throw over governments is OK, assassinations and invading other countries without just cause is OK, etc. So guy, just keep throwing out your hypocritical crap like the US deserves to be able to do this or deserves to be able to do that.

>>There is no one reason many in the world don't like us. (Most do otherwise we wouldn't have the massive immigration we do) SOme don't like us because we're free.

Better read TUWho's post earlier on the board where immigration to Canada FROM the US is way up. Sapling has ensured that this country is becoming LESS FREE all the time and is attempting to make this government more like the other rightwing dictatorships around the world.

>>The bottom line is I don't give a shit whether or not some fucking grub eater in Burma likes me or my country

Then you can probably understand why terrorists DON'T GIVE A DAMN whether you approve of their tactics or not.

>>You're like some asshole judge that let's a murderer go free because the warrant listed the house as "beige" instead of "tan".

No, you are like some hypocritical jerk who demagogues an issue with LIES because he knows he can't morally justify his positions. Since he can't justify with "right and wrong", he exaggerates the issue just like you did above with your ridiculous beige and tan example. In reality, you rightist WINGNUTS have always favored dictatorships, denial of due process as long as YOU get to decide the outcome of events, etc. You live in this country but don't have a clue what principles this country was founded on.

4. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

arent you on LBJ hwy?
    eplanetshop.com?
    since you are suck a "big" lsu fan why arent you going to the game?
    see you tomorrow

you are just a worthless POS.

5. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I didn't think he was an LSU fan at all. It seems like he is just someone who gets his jollies from people reading his opinions and posts on any and every board out there that allows him to.

6. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Major Jerk, you won't be seeing me, TROLL

In fact, I'm not sure you are bright enough to even find Texas, you POS.

7. JD

JD Founding Member

More proof that the wacko right wing in this country loathes the constitution, the principles of America - most especially, they loathe freedom. How does torturing prisoners prevent terrorism? Well the cowardly lecher rush limbo says so so it must be true.

8. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Quite the liar aren't you?

Ellis Hugh wrote:
    "I didn't think he was an LSU fan at all. It seems like he is just someone who gets his jollies from people reading his opinions and posts on any and every board out there that allows him to."

Actually, I post on a grand total of 2 boards. Does your definition of every board out there that allows him to mean 2 boards. I can certainly post on more than that. So YET another rightist wingnut LIE. Oh, and that is no more of a personal attack that the libel you just posted about me.

9. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Hitler and the Gestapo thank you

Tigersaint amazingly posts even more garbage:
    "It's called information. We have two ways to get them to talk. Reward or punishment. "

Hmmm, sounds like the Gestapo was right all along, huh? I'm sure they rewarded the prisoners who gave them information while punishing the rest. BTW, if the US has nothing to hide, why doesn't it adhere to the Geneva War Convention, you rightwing IDIOT!

>>It's so we can prevent another attack, possibly against you or your friends and family.

Once again, try to spin it into something moral. I notice you haven't condemned the US support of rightwing dictatorships in the past in South America, the Middle East, the Far East, etc. Oh, but that's right, I forgot. You don't give a damn if FAMILIES IN THOSE COUNTRIES ARE KILLED OR TORTURED by the likes of the regimes the US put in power. HYPOCRITES like yourself don't have to be consistent in your morals or feelings do you? Typical rightist wingnut!

10. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Re: Quite the liar aren't you?

Tom - this is an honest question that I am genuinely curious about - so try to answer civilly without cursing, ranting, CAPITALIZING, or calling me POS, vomit, moron, etc.

Since you do not post much on the regular board, you did not go to the Cotton Bowl despite living in Dallas, and you go to ~ 1 game a year, I gather that you are not a die-hard, rabid LSU fan. That is fine - it is a personal choice and you are certainly entitled to be that way.

But I am curious as to why you choose LSU boards to post on. Why not a political discussion board? Why not a Dallas-oriented board (or New York, or Washington DC)? Out of all of the boards out there, why limit yourself to a couple of little LSU boards? Is Tigerforums.com the bastion of political theory?