Rightist wingnuts want it called a war militarily but captives detainees for a reason

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tom, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Tom

Tom Founding Member

>>Tom - this is an honest question that I am genuinely curious about - so try to answer civilly without cursing, ranting, CAPITALIZING, or calling me POS, vomit, moron, etc.

Once again, your hypocrisy shows up. Here is an honest question for you. I have seen you complain about anyone's language but mine. While I see filtered out characters in other people's posts (not mine BTW), for some reason, you find yourself compelled to criticize my language or civility. Thanks for once again showing what hypocrites the rightwingers in this country are.

>>I gather that you are not a die-hard, rabid LSU fan.

Wrong again, but why am I not surprised. Who is the judge of the intensity of people are far as support for LSU goes? You? I have already explained why I didn't go to the Cotton Bowl game, so I will not waste space by repeating it here.

>>Out of all of the boards out there, why limit yourself to a couple of little LSU boards?

There are some excellent posters on this board, and since I am interested in LSU this is a natural place to post. BTW, the excellent posters on this board do NOT include you or the other rightwing nuts on the board.

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

The reason I complain about your language is because it is so consistent. While others may use insults or bad language some of the time (or even most of the time), you seem to use it almost ALL of the time. Take a look around. Do you see me insulting other posters here? I may disagree with some of the opinions here, but that is OK. I respect others opinions and their right to have them. So when I read a post by others (Tuwho, Biggles, etc. for example) I may not agree with it, but I will read it with an open mind. I may even be moved to post a rebuttal, or I may be moved to change my own opinion about an issue. But I would never call them vomit, POS, idiot, etc. And I respect them for their educated insights that differ from my own.

The truly intelligent are open to different viewpoints and can have discussions with people they disagree with without falling into childish name-calling. Your descent into curses and insults show just how immature and close-minded you are.

Could I ask you how the weather is in Dallas without you insulting me? I don't think so.

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

And yes, early on I did try to filter out some of the cursing and personal insults. But eventually I gave up. I just can't keep up with you all.

After the first few days, I quit filtering ANYBODY - not just you. (with the exception of a very few words that are universally considered unacceptable) And I have NEVER deleted ANY post - including yours. Are you as open to diversity as I am?

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

In other words, only the ones who agree with you.

5. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Take off your rightwing colored glasses

>>The reason I complain about your language is because it is so consistent. While others may use insults or bad language some of the time (or even most of the time), you seem to use it almost ALL of the time.

HUH???? Take a look at LSUMJ's posts, Tigersaints posts, or Saban Fans posts along with the Hassle something or other. They have filtered characters in them, the same type language I throw back at them, etc. So I must say you have a very selective memory if you really believe what you said above.

>>Take a look around. Do you see me insulting other posters here?

You don't use the language exactly but you have your moments:
    1) you once called my a baby after accusing me of using names against other people
    2) you suggested I wasn't much of an LSU fan
    3) you said I probably couldn't post on many boards

None of those are true, and 2 and 3 are provable by historical precedence. 1) is your opinion and I can't disprove that, but the other 2 are disprovable with facts.

>>But I would never call them vomit, POS, idiot, etc. And I respect them for their educated insights that differ from my own.

No, you don't call them names but you have certainly made statements you had no knowledge of and tried to represent it as probable if not actual facts.

>>Your descent into curses and insults show just how immature and close-minded you are.

I believe immature is calling someone a name.

>>Could I ask you how the weather is in Dallas without you insulting me? I don't think so.

The weather is clear with a low this morning of about 29 degrees with a high headed towards 60 degrees. Oooooppppsss, I guess I just disproved your point again, didn't I?

6. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

dont you find it amazing that the only person here and on the alley who cant get along with others is you? you have NEVER admitted once to being wrong in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, and cannot carry a civil discussion.. do you see me, NT, etc getting into name calling with other posters of other parties on either board? why is that?
    you cannot even admit to the simple fact that you had traficants name spelled wrong. how sad is that? when we showed you HIS OWN WEBPAGE you didnt care

7. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Once again you lie again

I get along with Biggles, TUWho, JD, etc. And I post more than some of the others which obviously means I upset more people. And yes, I have seen you and NTTiger getting involved with namecalling. Might I remind you of a South Carolina fan on the sports board which you and he exchanged nasty words for quite a few posts. He made the logical comment that you post so much, you must not work for a living. I also remember Biggles (I think) and Huntsvilly getting into it a few times. So to try to scam this board into thinking names are called in other exchanges is once again proof you don't try to burden your posts with the truth, do you? As far as admitting mistakes, you have admitted almost none of yours. You claimed I said the British were embarassed in the Falklands (didn't say it), said I lied "thousands of times" (yet another mistake on your part), and just recently said you visit the board "about once a day" (which is downright laughable). BTW, if there is a 4 team division in a sport, can the last place team say, "oh, we were about in first place."

8. LSUMJ

LSUMJ Founding Member

Re: Once again you lie again

so sad
    what usc fan are you talking about????
    i know you got caught lying about not being able to read the phrase about once a day, but enough is enough