Rivals saying LSU BB coaching spot was the best available coaching job!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mrgreen21, Apr 12, 2008.

1. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Not really, LSU being a football school does quite the opposite which is one of the reasons why, according to the article, it was the "best available coaching job."

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

did you read the article???

one of the reasons it gives for the LSU job being so attractive is the lack of media/pressure...this because LSU is considered a football school.

regardless of this article, no, i dont believe there is any pressure on Johnson to win right away. we just went thru 11 years of Brady Ball. johnson ball cant and wont be any worse than that.

4. mrgreen21

Can't agree with you more that Johnson ball can't be worse then Brady ball. Yes got a good look at the article and what stuck out to me

"If you look beyond the money at a job where you can win and win immediately, where not only do you have an excellent recruiting base but you have limited competition for it in your own state, then it's LSU."

That's a little pressure! I think Johnson has a little pressure on him. And the fact the BP was able to go 500 during his tenure as an unestablished coach puts a little more pressure on Johnson. Do I think we've got the right man to handle the pressure, hell yeah, but there is a little pressure there!

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

I understand your point now.

6. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

While I think he may have a little pressure to win...IMO, it's no more pressure than you would find at any other school. In fact, it probably is less pressure than at Stanford. LSU is no Duke, UNC, UCLA, or Kentucky when it comes to college basketball. Its not like we have been accustom to years of winning basketball here lately.

I think 3 things make the LSU job the most attractive in the country...

1) little pressure to win immediately / lack of media focus due to football
    2) the talent pool in LA
    3) 1 and 2 plus the $$$

7. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

I can't believe "Johnson ball" has been mentioned at least twice in this thread and no one is making jokes yet.

8. mrgreen21

I feel ya but I think the final four is still fresh in a lot of LSU fans minds. And I think the Football team winning the NC puts a little more pressure in the mix. Everybody keeps saying LSU is a Football school, I guess someone forgot to tell that to the LSU girls BB team. I hope they forget to tell the guys!

9. LSUTiga

That's cause it is. Same as Duke being a basketball school- don't expect them to be winning any National Championships in football.

FWIW, I happen to like Softball a lot but most couldn't name two players.

10. Old Bandit

Old Bandit Just Some Old Guy

We may not be a basketball school, but we can be. There is plenty of room for National Championship quality teams all around our athletic dept. Just look around they are every where. We have one of the winningest athletic dept's in the country. To be able to get the basketball program to that level would only compliment what we already enjoy.