Ruben Randle

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by True Grit, Oct 20, 2007.

1. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

Has anyone seen this guy play? I have heard nothing but great things about him. I heard he is one of several possible 5* players in LA next year. He will be a top 5 WR, maybe even #1. He is, of course, in the Rivals 100 to Watch in 2009.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=61343&Sport=1

Its hard to believe how loaded LA will be next year.

2. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

This is why I'm not too concerned about a down year in recruiting this year. And even in a "down year" we should be able to get some very good players. Next year will be a big year, so many great prospects in Louisiana.

3. razer

razer unregistered offender

I saw him play at the Evangel/Bastrop game two Friday's ago. He's a difference maker, fast and good moves. He tore Evangel's secondary up. If he was Bastrop's only weapon he probably would've had about 200 yards receiving. He was brutal on this one slant inside, he's not a small guy (6'3) and tough to bring down. I was thoroughly impressed. I talked to a couple of the Bastrop followers and they said he will probably be the QB next season with Mackey graduating...not sure about that but I definitely think he will be their best athlete on the team after Mackey so who knows. Also, they said he carries a 4.0 GPA.

1 person likes this.
  4. True Grit

I have heard he is better than Benton. Is it true?

5. razer

razer unregistered offender

honestly, I can't answer that...I remember seeing Benton in the State Championship a couple years ago when they played Breaux Bridge but I've slept since then. But, the players who stood out then were Mackey as a Soph, Benton as Junior (Bastrop) and John Williams (Breaux Bridge).

Randle was very good getting yards after he caught the ball. Mackey's passes seemed effortless in a way that made it seem like a simple warm-up throw between him and the receiver. And it made no difference if Evangel's defensive linemen got through, he was too quick and elusive. In truth, it wasn't the normal Evangel team as I think the implications from the LHSAA's "rule change" have finally taken the desired effect and coupled with the emergence of Calvary but even considering that, this Bastrop team is probably more talented than most any team in the state.

6. True Grit

Anyone have his stats from tonight? I know Bastrop beat West Ouachita 50-0.

7. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

Randle caught 5 or so passes for 50 or 60 yrds and td, he ran a punt return back 44 yrds for another. I am sure he didn't see much playing time with the blowout. Mackey and the Bradshaw kid had a big night.

I still would like to see Mackey given a chance a LSU.

I thought WO was a better team than that they are now 6-3.

8. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Me also

9. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

Well IF RP gets s***canned they might give him a shot.

10. True Grit

They would take Jordan Jefferson over Mackey.