Rumor is that Lane is signing with Ole Miss

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ellis Hugh, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Maybe he knew he could not beat Jamarcus Russel. Whatever. I wush him luck. He will probably go MLB for sure now. Anyway, the 3 of them all knew one (or 2) of them would be on the bench forever.

No big deal. Let's enjoy what will be one of the greatest days in LSU recruiting history!!!!

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Too bad...

He'll be sorry if he plays for Ole Miss. He'll be like Eli...all that talent and no SEC championship to show for it.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Hard to figure this one. LSU has got a starting QB position that is not locked up by anybody, giving Lane a legitimate shot at starting. Ole Miss has Eli Manning and Lane will not be given a shot at starting and would probably be redshirted.

In any case, no high school quarterback that I'm aware of has turned down the big money from major league baseball. Lane needs to be the top QB recruit at a Div I school to have the leverage to get him the best offer. He would be the undisputed top QB recruit at Ole Miss.

His best football shot is to sign with LSU, his best baseball shot is to sign with Ole Miss. I see pro baseball in his future.