Rumor Mill

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Feb 28, 2006.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I talked to my inside source today and I was told that LSU is seriously considering switching the Auburn and Arkansas games in the near future. The reason being is that both schools want to create a bowl like atmosphere at the end of the year. This tells me that the boot trophy no longer means squat. They also fell that the winner of this game will represent in the SECCG. Like I said it’s being toyed w/and nothing is set in stone yet.

I wouldn’t mind this change in the schedule b/c I think a team made up of Japs could hang w/Arkansas. Plus I feel that the LSU AU game would be more competitive at the end of the season especially when both schools have more on the line.

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

firstly, I think we have moved beyond the term "Japs" in today's society.

secondly, there is no way Auburn would play that game then because the Iron Bowl will always be Auburn's last game of the season, and it falls on the same weekend or right before. LSU/Barn needs to stay where it is, 2nd or 3rd conference game of the season.

3. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

"no longer" :hihi: ? I don't know that it ever did. It was the most forced rivalry in the conference. There were a few occasions when the game meant something, but bragging rights between the two schools was never really a major issue.

4. olVENICEdog

Look mesquite this aint coming from me but don’t be surprised if after the 08 season LSU AU becomes the new iron bowl. Since Bama can’t cheat anymore the iron bowl is about as useless as the boot bowl.

5. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

That's one of the most retarded things I've ever read. There will be no new Iron Bowl. Duke/UNC won't go away because the Tar Heels have a bad couple of years and Maryland is the biggest Blue Devil rival.

6. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

AU and Bama not meaning anything? No Way! They hate each other
    as much :eek:lefire: fans hate :lsup: ! LOL
    :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige
    tigerb8

7. olVENICEdog

OK so maybe they wont call it the Iron Bowl who gives a rats @ss what they call it. They can call it the tiger bowl for all I care. The real Tigers vs. the origami paper tigers IDFK?

8. olVENICEdog

Guys guys don’t shoot the messenger here. IM giving you the inside scoop on a deal that is about 90% done. Sure Bama will lose some money on this deal but honestly it’s about the better teams playing at the end of the year. Who knows maybe it’s something the schools want to try for a few seasons.

9. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

I am not trying to get off of the thread topic, but when did abbreviating a nationality become unacceptable in any society?

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I thinks japs is ok.. Nips is considered bad, i think..