Russian issues

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Mar 3, 2017.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So should we start WWIII over spies being killed? Spying is an act of war. To suggest we dont try and undermine communism at every turn is laughable.

We all here would agree our democracy is supreme, but we have to look at it from their view as well. There are large portions of people that support and want totalitarian/communist rule.

The problem seems to me that we lack the ability to accurately understand multiple sides. We see our side and any variation from that is wrong.

Can we today say we should have toppled all those dictators? Are we really better off in the middle east now?

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

This makes no sense.

Is that what you think I did? Lol. You want the US to call out Russia for doing all the things that the US does. MmmmK. Perhaps amoral equivalency would make more sense.

I realize that this is a typical response but it's lame. He is not "my boy". I have been critical of him many, many times. I'm just not a black/white, lib/con extremist. I prefer the term political atheist.

I didn't say anything because I don't care if the Russians poison a spy....just like I don't care if we do. And we have. Your government, in your name, has done just as much evil.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes, I believe we are. The scourge that is Wahabbism has begun to be addressed. The ruling elite in SA has been divided. I believe Trump will support further division.

And for those of you who think Trump was doing nothing....

"The United State slapped sanctions on 19 Russian individuals and five groups, including Moscow's intelligence services, for meddling in the 2016 U.S. election and malicious cyber attacks, the Treasury Department said on Thursday.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said there would be additional sanctions against Russian government officials and oligarchs "for their destabilizing activities."

Mnuchin did not give a time frame for those sanctions, which he said would sever the individuals' access to the U.S. financial system. "The administration is confronting and countering malign Russian cyber activity, including their attempted interference in U.S. elections, destructive cyber-attacks, and intrusions targeting critical infrastructure," Mnuchin said in a statement."

I don't know what makes some of you think that this kind of think happens over night or transpires out of thin air. The process has to be identified and leaders need confidence in their specific info in order to announce anything.

Bengal B and LSUpride123 like this.
  4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

Let me rephrase that: right on cue, Pride shows up to defend anything that might tarnish the shallow ego of Trump or those who support him. You act like this is an isolated incident. The Russians are getting bolder and bolder and your boy Trump isn't helping anyone when he turns a blind eye to it over and over. At best, he gives a little lip service and says he will act but then he does nothing.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Again, can you outline my defensive statement defending Trump.

I'll hang up and listen.

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Further, you and others keep saying "Russia is getting bolder" can you also outline past vs present to certify that statement?

7. Tiger in NC

Technically yes, but when put into the context of everything else that has happened with the Russia investigation around Comey's firing, no he doesn't. If the Comey firing were the only example then you might have a case but Trump has been out to kill the Russia investigation from the very beginning. He's tried to make it out like the Dems are just sore losers, he's tried to spin it as "fake news," he's tried to fire the people who were investigating him and in some cases has but each time those pesky facts keep creeping up. If he's innocent why all the obfuscation?

8. Tiger in NC

what is it then? you always claim to have this kind of inside information but it always turns out to be an InfoWars themed conspiracy theory that you are peddling.

9. Tiger in NC

blah, blah, blah.....Hillary.......blah, blah, blah........Bitch.........blah, blah, blah.......more of you shitting out your mouth on your own face. go back to playing catch with CBU's and do us all a favor.

10. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

U.S. national security officials said the FBI, Department of Homeland Security and intelligence agencies had determined that Russian intelligence and others were behind a broad range of cyberattacks beginning a year ago that have infiltrated the energy, nuclear, commercial, water, aviation and manufacturing sectors.

No big deal the US does it too. Wait...

The Trump administration accused Russia on Thursday of a concerted operation to hack the U.S. energy grid and other critical infrastructure including aviation, and separately imposed sanctions on a raft of Russian officials for alleged high-tech interference in the 2016 American presidential election.