Ryan P. Question

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geekboy, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

I'm sure this has been talked about at length on other threads.......but......
    there is no question Ryan has unbelievable talent. Is he going to hurt the team with his 'supposed' attitude?

Can you be a great leader as a freshman? Will the team 'teach' him some humility?

Maybe he will get humble after some plays in games.

Here is the problem. He could bomb tremendously. He could excel beyond all expectation. Even Michael Jordan as supreme as he was........was able to compose himself and appear to be a 'regular' guy.

Have there been 'super' athletes with an arrogant cocky attitude that have led teams to championships? I'm not talking about mildy cocky athletes but the most arrogant cocky people.

I'm glad Ryan is at LSU but I hope his attitude doesn't hurt the team where nobody wants to play with him.

2. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

During recruiting, you have to put up with a certain amount of that

but my guess is that once he steps on campus he belongs to Les Miles. I liked the freshmen not being able to speak to the media, and Ryan P is proof that he doesn't need to be talking, especially for the team. He's bulletin board material waiting to happen. It will be interesting to see what Coach Miles does, this will set the standard and we'll know how well he's going to have control of our team.

3. clair

clair Rockets

he was a GREAT leader in the all america game...

he was a GREAT leader EVERY year at ESJ... the defense would need a stop... he would just get an INT himself...

he was the man!

The whole cocky thing is I think more of a front than anything else.

4. MCab

MCab Founding Member

All right everyone, let's get this straight once and for all:

RYAN PERILLOUX IS NOT A FRESHMAN.

He still hasn't graduated yet, and even his "signing" isn't gold-plated. He's free to do what he wants, and say what he wants.

Peace,

MCab

5. BB

BB Founding Member

Ever heard of a guy by the name of Deion Sanders? How about Warren Sapp? Barry Bonds? Terrell Owens? Ray Lewis? Shannon Sharpe? Michael Irvin?

If Perrilloux remains a winner and a student of the game he will have no problem winning over his peers both on and off the field.

I am now changing my prediction for the number of threads discussing RP's "bad attitude," ego, and / or interview skills prior to the start of football season to 631 - I have notified Vegas and they will be adjusting the odds ASAP...

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Maurice Clarett actually didn't do too badly in 2002...

7. roygu

roygu Founding Member

It's not bragging if you can back it up. Let's see if he can back it up. In todays sports atmosphere the self promoters are the ones making the most money. Does "T O" mean anything?

8. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Joe Nameth