Saban interview with ESPN

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikebTiger, Jan 15, 2007.

1. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

I assume a few of you have seen it.

My take is that Nick is regrets how he handled the situation and is hurt by how he is perceived after the whole debacle. I am sure he did the interview as a means of painting a more sympathetic picture of himself. And he's pretty good at that, alright?

Saban will never, ever have it as good as he did when he was at LSU. I think he knows that. He knows damn well he made a mistake and Alabama offered him a pot of gold to rectify his ****up. Tuscaloosa is a town similar in size to Ruston. And there are all those Bama fans who are embarrassingly enthusiastic. Saban will have difficulty adjusting. He wanted to return to college ball and he's back in it, but the Bama job seems to come with a lot more baggage.

Now that I've heard his side of the story, I don't hate him as much as I did. But I still hate him. Benedict Arnold mother****er.

2. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

I agree with you on this... i will say after looking into his eyes on Tuesday night at the BBall game in Tusc... (sounds stupid I know) his heart will always be at LSU but he has a JOB (nothing more nothing less) to do at Alabama.

3. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

I am so sick of seeing him on tv. After next season the novelty will wear off and the true dynasties (LSU, UF) will be what we hear about. He only did this to try to change his image for recruiting, he is an insincere ass.

4. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

The best part of the interview was when he said, "Nick $aban is about honesty, commitment, and integrity." To anyone buying that, Im selling property on Uranus?:thumb:

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

This is exactly the kind of BS he'll give to recruits and their parents.

Hope they don't buy into it like some of you.:yelwink2:

6. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

I didn't realize Tuscaloosa was that small. It seemed bigger to me when we visited there....

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Well, the poor baby.

8. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

I guess some people don't believe the old adage, "Actions speak louder than words!"

9. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

you're selling property on my what!!??:grin:

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's a job for Nick wherever he coaches. Nick is NOT an LSU person and his heart is not with any school. I think he knows he screwed up by leaving LSU, but it ain't like he has any family or personal ties here.

Home for Nick is Ohio. He grew up across the river in West Virginia and his entire playing and coaching career in college and the NFL before coming to LSU was in Ohio and adjoining states. He and his wife have family up there and old roots. Nick was an assistant at Ohio State. If Ohio State comes open, Nick will be all over that job. If his heart is anywhere, it's in Ohio.