Saban on ESPN Radio

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by McKinneyTiger, Dec 12, 2003.

1. McKinneyTiger

McKinneyTiger Founding Member

I get in my truck this morning at 6:49 AM to drive my daughter to daycare and then on to work and I hear Mike Greenburg on ESPN Radio say "Nick Saban, Coach of LSU up next". :) Great, I am thinking. At almost every break they mention "Nick Saban in the next hour".

I get to daycare at 7:19 and I'm back in the truck by 7:24 and I don't hear a thing. I am getting bummed thinking I missed the interview. I pull into the parking garage at 8:09 just in time to hear Mike Greenburg say "In the next hour, Nick Saban and Whitey Ford"... arghhh

I don't know what they think "Up Next" and "Next Hour" means but I think their timing sucks (or mine does) :D

At least I know I can count on one of the Tiger Forum members to give me a recap.

Geaux Tigers

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yeh I did the same thing, They did what they wanted. They got all us Tiger fans to tune in for over an hour to listen to that piss poor show of theirs.
    I switched back over to the Ticket.

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The Hardline on the Ticket on Monday afternoon (Reiner, I think) was predicting a huge OU win. They know NOTHING about LSU on the Ticket.

4. McKinneyTiger

First Game Impressions

StaceyO,

How did your husband like his first LSU game?

My wife is a Texas Tech grad and she kept telling me how they tailgate at Texas Tech too... Then I took her to her first LSU game... She understands now.

Geaux Tigers

5. dallaslsufan

dallaslsufan Founding Member

MckinneyTiger,

We live in Craig Ranch in McKinney! Where do you normally watch the game?

6. McKinneyTiger

DallasLSUFan,

This year (thanks to the Tigers being so awesome) I have watched most of them from the comfort of my couch just up the road in Stonebridge Ranch.

I watched the 2001 SEC CG :) and the 2002 LSU/Auburn game :( at Ivy's on 75 in Plano. The owner is from Louisiana and is a huge LSU fan.

The largest gathering in the DFW area is Ben's Half Yard House on Greenville in Dallas. Watched one game there in 2001 and the crowd was great but get there early.

MT

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I dont listen to the Ticket for LSU information.

There are NO radio stations around here that know anything about LSU...

8. rookie

rookie Founding Member

I always enjoyed the show when I lived there but they are more about ratings and less about facts except for talk about the Rangers. Besides Switzer is a regular on their show and there are more OU alum in Dallas then LSU.
    Ben's is great. I actually came back up to visit friends for the AZ game and it is still the best place in Dallas to see LSU. Especially for PPV games.