Saban to Jaguars

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Aggie Fran, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Aggie Fran

Aggie Fran Founding Member

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Dont forget he is going to Jacksonville, Dallas and Chicago. THat is what they reported earlier. Last year he had already taken the Tampa Job and the Indy Job....
    Funny thing is, he has said many times he is not leaving and people forgot to tell him he was the coach at Tampa, Chicago, Dallas, Jacksonville, and Indy...
    Good for is, Saban laughs at it now and uses it in recruiting. He said when a recruit asks him about it (Because our rivals use the rumors to lie to kids) he said, no I am not going anywhere however wonder why that coach is not getting mentioned. Come to LSU son...

He is King...

I also read where he is leaving to coach the Womens Field Hockey team at Holy Cross.

Thanks for the Info...

3. Aggie Fran

He sounds like a cool guy.

There are some moron coaches in the NFL.

Did you see the Miami vs. Patriots game?? Great stuff. Miami sucks.

4. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I'm a big Miami fan and we'll only look good in streaks until there is a coaching change. But I would not want Saban to leave LSU for Miami. I'm a Tiger first! Remember, the rumor is that Saban turned down Indy twice just prior to taking the LSU job and if I'm correct an offer of $2.5M. I don't believe Nick will leave LSU until he either wins or plays for a NC.
    :cool:

5. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I heard a local sports talk radio show here in Tennessee. The hosts were interviewing a reporter from Houston about the Cowboys Coaching position. They asked him about Saban going to the NFL. He said he'd interviewed Saban and Saban told him that the only way he was going to the NFL was if the "perfect situation" came up. Saban told him that there's too much "instability" in the NFL and he likes the more stable environment of college football.

I'm just passing it along. I can't rememeber the reporter's name, but from what the hosts said, he's very well-respected when it comes to reporting the NFL.

GEAUX TIGERS!

6. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

on sportscenter tonight Stuart Scott reported Saban was one of the candidates for Jacksonville.....

.....this is starting to scare me

7. Aggie Fran

I wouldn't worry about it. One thing I learned through our coaching change was that ESPN is probably farther out of the loop than any other source.

Our top choices according to ESPN after R.C. was fired: Gary Kubiak and Bob Davie -- Bob Davie being the clear front runner. (When anybody who knew anything about A&M football knew neither of these guys were even being considered.)

It is because they have idiots like Trev Alberts and Ivan Maisal popping off with nonsense.

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I think we all need to accept the fact that one day Saban is going to leave. But for now I say rest easy, He is not Fran and would let the community know if he were listening to offers. Until he says that he is talking with someone else, I for one will not worry.

9. Sophandros

Sophandros Freshman

Why? You should be scared when your coach is NEVER mentioned for vacant jobs.

10. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I'm guessing that ESPN has a list of names to start throwing out the second there's the slightest whisper that a coach might be getting fired. The way I see it, Saban must be #2 or #3 on that list. I mean, why would any coach want to stay at LSU when they could go to the NFL, right? (that was heavy on sarcasm) Saban has a great area to recruit and apparently has the program moving in the right direction. With the salary cap in the NFL (I'll hold my Bama jokes for now), it's extremely hard to build a great, dominant franchise. He can, however build a dominating program here in the SEC. He seems happy. I agree...nothing's forever in college football (ask Nebraska :D ), but let's not jump off the first cliff we find!

[​IMG]