Saban's Roster Manipulation

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bayou Bengal11, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Nothing new. Not a big deal to me. At least these kids are still getting a free ride even though they aren't playing. It's classier than just getting your shcolly yanked because you aren't as good as they thought you'd be. Does anyone know how many LSU has given out?

3. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

It should concern you , and here's why ..... abusing the medical scholarship rules by using it in a manner that it was not intended to be used essentially provides the abuser with a higher scholarship limit than thier competitors.

pure and simple, it is cheating, and it violates a code of sportsmanship that should be the hallmark of collegiate athletics.

and abusers shouldn't act like they don't know what the hell they're doing ....

[​IMG]

4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

5. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

This story is gaining momentum regarding Bammer ...stay tuned

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

this. to yawn and say "whatever" is condoning cheating by manipulating the rules.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

This sounds like a process that is ripe for misuse - so I'm sure many college of the more aggressive coaches do. Of course Saban fits that profile but I'm sure he's by far not the only one. It's a gray area that could be used to continue giving a scholarship to someone who would normally get cut loose, or to trim a roster for better players. It could get interesting or we could have heard the last of it.

8. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

This is great!! We have a 'Saban' thread with argument postings between TUSK and Caddy, (Alabama and Auburn respectively) located in Alabama Moment and Ga (respectively) come all the way over here kick off the Iron Bowl. :thumb:

What a great compliment to this Forum! It's so good our key rivals come to argue minutia about their rivalry.

Hey Guys - its all good. I can't think of a better way to drink my coffee than with you two guys spitting at each other. Don't hold back - I'll change the channel when I've had enough. :rofl::rofl:

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I don't condone fraud but this one isn't cut & dry imo. It's not like people who filed claims/multiple claims for Katrina relief when they in fact had no damage.

Take the example above, it's not like he doesn't have ANY "condition". Saban could've just cut his ass. If we're going to worry about improper benefits, Mexicans having kids on American soil and kids qualifying for Med card is much higher on my list.

I bet everyone here knows at least one person who's ridden a workman's comp situation or gets disability when they really shouldn't. This is at least allowing kids to get an education- the government loves to hand out money for that- TOPS, etc.

1 person likes this.