Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

sad tiger droppings

Discussion in 'The Sidelines' started by lsufan52, Jan 22, 2012.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Yep, we passed Valpo on the way to South Bend. Gary, Indiana, was one of the more depressing towns I've been through, and that includes poor areas of the South.
  2. Fishhead

Fishhead Veteran Member

Gary is a depressing place. Luckily, I only had 3 claims there, and one of them was below deductible, determined over the phone. Dumbass only had food loss, no structural damage at all. I told her she had a $1000 deductible, and she acknowledged she didn't lose $1000 worth of food.
    Her:"I ain't know nuthin bout no deduckable. You sho bout dat?"
    Me: "Do you mean you didn't realize your deductible was $1000?"
    Her:"No, I ain't know I had no deduckable".
    Me: "Lemme give you your agent's phone number."

:)

I was originally in Ft. Wayne, which is Redneck North. I actually enjoyed it, and DREADED coming up here. But to be honest, this has been a good situation from my standpoint up here. Easy claims, good money claims though. The two in Gary were chitholes, so I went early AM and got out. Had one in Hammond that was similar. But hey, Valpo, Hobart, Merrilville, Crown Point, and Kouts...ain't much different than the south...until about December 1st. :)

I'm staying in Michigan City, which is also really nice. Nicest campground I've ever stayed at. I went to do laundry Saturday, and noticed a sign that says they'll do it for you for $2.50/load. I headed on back to the camper and brought two loads into the office Monday morning, gave her a $10 and said "keep the change", and had all my clothes washed and folded when I got back Monday evening. Can't beat that with a stick.
  3. Fishhead

Fishhead Veteran Member

I bought that kayak when I was in Dallas for so long, simply because I had no place to put my canoe. About the ONLY time I kayak is when I'm off working, and...again...can't carry the canoe around. Although last year in Knoxville, I had that bad boy on the ladder rack of my truck, right next to the 28' extension ladder. I didn't care, and nobody from "the company" said a word.

My canoe, Red...14' flat stern Indian River tunnel hull. I can stand on that seat and cast...unless Kyle is in there with me.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon

That is definitely a fisherman's boat with a semi-deck and ice chests, a motor mount, and padded seats.

I use a 17' Eagle ultra light, with no seats, no accessories, no nuthin' except a padded portage yoke. Kind of an expedition boat with a keel for lake work and can carry a load of packs and gear, but very light for river maneuverability and portaging in Canada.
  5. Fishhead

Fishhead Veteran Member

Where have you fished in Canada? Been to Quetico? I went back in 2001 and 2003. Best fishing trip of my life...and that's saying something considering where I grew up and where I currently fish.

And tigerdroppings is sad. (rerail)
  6. lsufan52

lsufan52 avid fan

chicken that's a good name for him,one of the admins on tiger droppings,along with ice cold,but this site is much better.
  7. red55

red55 curmudgeon

Quetico mostly, but also Boundary Waters and some country near Hudson's Bay. The fishing in Quetico Park is fabulous. 6,000 square miles set aside for canoes. No motorboats, camps, roads or float planes allowed. Some of those lakes require a week or more of paddling to get to and they get fished very rarely. The Northerns will bite any lure you put in the water. We rarely even set about to go fishing. We just trolled as we crossed lakes and caught fish all day. People think I'm lying when I say that we released 5 and 6 pound fish. But when you've got a couple of 9-ponders on the line, its really all that two men can eat. Lake trout and walleye are the prime catches, but the pike are very tasty if you know how to eat them and are far easier to catch.

The fun part was landing them on ultralight reels on collapsible backpacking rods. A big pike or a muskie on ultra-lightweight line and gear in a canoe is as fun as landing a marlin on a charter boat off Florida.
  8. lsutiga

lsutiga TF Pubic Relations

Fishhead, apparently you relayed my message. Thanks. Made my day to get a pm from my boy- and I reall mean that.

He made me laugh cause he said, "Just returning the jab." Sum beyotch still has to have last word. lol
  9. Fishhead

Fishhead Veteran Member

Yeah, that's what I meant...I've been there in 2001 and 2003...to Quetico Provincial Park. Ridiculous fishing, and you can literally go a week without seeing another soul. And that's a good thing from time to time. Caught a 6 lb smallie on a fly rod back when, and my brother caught one bigger that he had a FG rep made for. Also on fly rod. I didn't catch any lakers. Caught a few walleye, and like you said, Northern's whenever you want to catch a Northern. We got bored fishing for them and started using buzzbaits just to make it more fun...lol. The second time I went I brought about 40 of the cheapest buzzbaits I could find just to waste on the Northerns. Stupid things couldn't resist em...lol. I know for a fact, because we had a fish counter/clicker with us, that on the first Wednesday of August 2003, me, my brother, and my dad caught and released 150 smallmouth between 7pm-830 pm. Ridiculous. These fish were literally puking up minnows as we were fighting them to the canoes. They were so full, yet they still bit on every.single.cast. Beautiful place, and that whole trip cost me exactly $600, including fuel, hotels on the way up and back, two nights with the outfitter, canoe and equipment rental, (had my own tent and stuff), licenses, food on the way up and back, everything. $600 for a full week in Canada, plus four travel days. Best vacation value I can possibly imagine.
  10. lsufan52

lsufan52 avid fan

no line to cross its just ran by idoits.