Saints heading in wrong direction entering the playoffs???

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by DownOnTheBayou, Dec 20, 2009.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

the reason is because he gets payed way too much to get injured when he isn't even touched. and i hadn't heard the clip of him saying the injury was nothing serious. Not to mention he was the one who was bragging about the Saints going undefeated. To me, if you brag about how your team is going to go undefeated, and you get paid ass loads of money, and you come up lame on a play that you aren't even touched, then say the injury wasn't serious, and you don't come back in to help your team, you need to go far far away. For some reason i have never liked Bush, i know he is talented, but what i witnessed Saturday night from him is unforgivable. Demarcus Ware almost broke his f'in neck and he was out there playing, dude was carted off on a stretcher a week ago, and is in making plays.

Maybe i am just really biased when it comes to Bush, but i'm done with that dude. Plus his 3 sorry ass points cost me in my fantasy league.

2. LesMilesFan

LesMilesFan Founding Member

I think that's an exaggeration. He was asked if he thought they could go undefeated. What's he supposed to say? No? And every news clipping you will find of his comments will leave out the question and word it in a way that fits their spin. That's journalism.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

5:15 in the first quarter, Bush goes off tackle for 29 yards. I said to myself,"he's primed....gonna be a big night." Judging from some of your earlier posts, you may have thought something similar. He does not touch the ball again until 3:11 in the second quarter, which was the play he got hurt. His choice to be shut out of the offense, or the coach's? Now I heard them say the injury was minor as well, and they showed him stretching and getting ready to play a couple of times during the second half. Once again, do you think it was his choice not to play or the coach's?

I get your frustration with him. I'm getting there as well. (well, I'd say I've become more resigned to the fact that it wouldn't be a big loss to get rid of him) But to blame the loss Saturday really doesn't make sense.

THAT'S IT!!!:lol::lol:

4. LaSalleAve

avoid that question like the damn plague. "well that's your job to speculate, and our job to play" or some answer like that.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Quick hits on the game from Around The Horn:

Cowlishaw: Payton probably secretly is happy. Now he can tell the team,"you're not invincible."

Paige: No one expected the Saints to go undefeated -- (mute)

Mariotti: Cowboys wrote the book on how to beat the Saints - hit Drew Brees.

Ryan: What do Shockey, Ellis and Greer have in common? They watched the game.

6. LaSalleAve

You are right, i thought before the game he would be the X factor. He seemed to have gotten back to where he was in 06 in flashes this season, but flashes aren't enough to justify his paycheck. Maybe it was the coaches that kept him out, but he should have been lobbying to get back in the game. The Saints needed a weapon, or even him as a decoy. Was it his fault the Saints lost, no i don't think so, but i don't think they would have lost had he played with alot more regularity. Would they have won big, probably not, but i bet he would have gotten them a touchdown in the first half.

You are right though, i am bitter because he only got me 3 points.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I really wish you hadn't said that. Your guarantees have been pretty worthless this year.

8. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

For the love of God, PLEASE stop making predictions!!!!

9. LaSalleAve

:popcorn:

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I have to agree with the crowd on this one Izzie, please stop making predictions on this season. I will agree to as well if you will agree to this. I think all we are doing is killing the mojo of our beloved Saints.

Now lets get behind our boyz and pull out a win against Carolina. We need homefield advantage. GEAUX SAINTS Saintslogo