Saints vs 49ers

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Pretty sure I'll be at this one.

Saints are 3.5 point favorites.

Vernon Davis May or may not play (concussion).

Looks like Jenkins & Harper will be back for Saints. Vaccarro & Hicks didn't practice today fwiw

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Teams are basically giving mandatory sitting out for a game with a hint of a concussion. Vaccarro is out. I'd guess v Davis will need clearance but his wasn't bad so he may sneak by.

I do know kaepernick has sucked most of the he minus game 1. I keep waiting but see no improvement. Saints just need to contain him and double Davis or Crabtree.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

No way we rush for over 200 yards this week, but if we can rush for at least 100 and/or avg at least 4.0ypc, I like our chances. It's going to be tough though, since SF is coming off a loss.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Looks like Davis plays, but still needs clearance (I think that will be decided on Friday).

Vaccaro tweeted that he jumped the gun and he isn't necessarily ruled out for this Sunday's game. I don't expect him to play, but who knows.

Watson took a really long time to get up after his concussion. So I certainly don't expect him to play. We need all hands on deck, and if Graham would happen to tweak his injury or be in too much pain, it would hurt not to have a viable option at TE in this game.

Agree with fanatic, if we can run somewhat successfully (4 yard average is a good number), then Brees will have another solid day.

I got New Orleans 27, San Francisco 20.

5. tirk

I was watching Frisco and Carolina with much enjoyment yet that turned into fear. The front 7s of these teams are so good while Carolina's was better. I kept thinking how I was watching a teams mirror image of itself.

Tall mobile qbs who can run about a 4.3.

Neither pass well consistently.

Both will smash you upfront.

Both have dominant defenses who they rely on when the qbs aren't performing.

They play so similarly it's kinda strange.

Anyhow, cam is making much better decisions and smarter football than kaepernick. At least of late. But Everytime I watch lafell and Steve smith are dropping balls consistently.

I feel better about beating Frisco bc of their inability to trust their qb. And if Brees can put up 2 or 3 scores early, I think the harbaughs could be in trouble. But you have to stop gore.

Otoh, I think cam newton can spread us out and do much more damage on his own. Thank god he doesn't really have a good group of wrs.

The saints remaining schedule is brutal. We can safely assume no HFA thru the playoffs.

And we need to keep Brees upright. Or Eventually he's going to get hurt.

6. tirk

27-20 looks right. I'll go a little higher.

Saints 30-20

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

If Davis plays, we need Vaccaro. We already know Harper can't cover him.

fanatic likes this.
  8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Hopefully, Ryan is smart enough not to put him in position to do thaat.

9. Cajun Sensation

Manningham is back....not sure how much of a factor he'll be.

10. Cajun Sensation

I'm gonna go to the game then I'm headed to party with Rob Ryan at Ms. Mae's. I looked it up and it's on the corner of Magazine & Napoleon.

I'll post pics.