Sam McGuffie Wants An Offer

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by pjnchamps, Apr 17, 2007.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=107&p=2&c=636186

With over 20 scholarship offers, Sam McGuffie, the 5-foot-11.5, 190-pounder from Cypress, Texas, says he favors (in no order) Texas A&M, Michigan, Florida State and California, but that all that could change with offers from either USC, Ohio State or LSU.

I'm waiting for LSU to offer too," said McGuffie, who credits himself with 4.4 forty speed. "They are really high on my list. Coach (Larry) Porter said he's coming to watch me play. I went up there to the spring game and I was shocked at how slow their running backs were. I know I could go in there and really help the offense out. They really need speed. I think they're going to offer soon. I gave my tape to Coach (Les) Miles personally. So I know

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Yea, he's probably faster than any of our current RBs except Trindon Holliday, but they are all 30 lbs heavier than him. I don't think he's 190, more like 170. He's incredibly quick with good moves, but isn't a good blocker & will not be an every down back in the SEC. I see him as more of a Trindon Holliday player - special teams and specific plays.

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

He wants lots of offers. :lol:

"USC's looking at my tape right now as we speak," said the Cy-Fair High School running back, who is ranked by Scout.com as the nation's No. 42 prospect. "I want an offer from them so bad. I really like Coach (Ken) Norton. He's a cool dude. He went to UCLA and his dad was a professional boxer. We text each other all the time. "Great running backs come from USC," McGuffie said. "I've been compared to Reggie Bush before and that's a big deal. I'm going to take a trip there at the beginning of the season hopefully. An offer from SC would be huge. I would definitely be tempted to commit

That said, I think Parso is correct. He needs to add some weight and has the propensity for creating great ST highlights.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Also, his parents are Michigan alums and I've heard they lead.

5. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

You kno i had to be LSU Biased and not paste that part but when i read he said ppl compared him to Bush...i dk about that one but i have only seen his film that is on Youtube so i maybe wrong.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That's okay, neither of us c/p'd the part about him wanting an OSU offer. :hihi:

I'm always "interested" when people make any player comparisons but particularly when you get to someone like a Reggie Bush. His film is exciting though, I enjoyed it.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

In every article I have seen he mentions liking LSU, even to other schools websites. He is incredibly athletic and will most likely be a really good running back. I wouldn't mind signing him at all.

He is smaller, but can be a full time RB unlike Holliday. Plus, we already have a few big backs.

I like that the staff is waiting to evaluate themselves. Seems like they may offer, just want to make sure he fits their style.

8. DRC

DRC TigerNator

This guys Sparq ratings are superb! He's got the 4th highest score out of all the camps they've run this year.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Makes sense seeing as how he pointed out Michigan running back Mike Hart as a comparison ('bout not being a big back, but one who's productive).

Perhaps it's just me--and maybe I'm wrong--but he sounded quite arrogant in some of his statements and I'm just guessing that he's just another top-flight high school recruit looking to get the most offers to pump up his own ego.

I hope I'm wrong in my thought process, but, like I said, the first impression I got of him is of a player that just feels like everyone out there should want him.

As for his highlight clips: He sure is talented though. ...and he WOULD be wanted by more teams if he could capture a little humility.

But at 6-foot, 175 lbs, I just don't see him having much more of an impact--even in Crowton's spread offense--than Richard Murphy or Trindon Holliday--two running backs that possess similar physical attributes.

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

And we already have a smaller back... If we offer & he commits, great. I expect he'll be used infrequently, but be exciting when he plays, like Holliday. None the less, I don't see him being a great every down type back. Why do you see other wise?