Sammy Joseph and Chase Pittman

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by crm160, Nov 30, 2004.

1. crm160

crm160 Founding Member

Sammy Joseph(x-fered from Colorado)
    Chase Pitttman(x-fered from Texas)

Has anyone seen these guys play in college yet, and if so, are they anything to get excited about next season? :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :eek:ldskule:

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i've seen sammy play when at CU but only remember him because they said he was from New Orleans. I don't remember anything specifically.

repost:

CB Sammy Joseph, Soph. - He was the team's biggest corner before choosing to transfer. The 6-1 Joseph was an excellent tackler finishing fourth on the team with 55 stops last year. He doesn't have the speed of the rest of the top CU corners, but he's a decent coverman picking off two passes and breaking up five others.

from cf news --pre transfer

Cornerback Sammy Joseph has become the second starter to say he wants to leave Colorado.

"Sammy Joseph is going somewhere else because of the atmosphere on campus and the way he was treated as a black player," coach Gary Barnett told KVCU-AM, the campus radio station, on Monday. Barnett could not immediately be reached for further comment.

Reached by telephone in his hometown of New Orleans, Joseph refused to comment on any aspect of his situation.

"Soon I will, though," he said.

A commission that investigated the football program's recent recruiting scandal concluded more needs to be done to encourage interest in the school by blacks and other minorities.

The report said 40 percent of the football team is black, but there were only 85 black freshmen on campus and 448 black undergraduates out of more than 24,000 overall.

Joseph, a redshirt freshman who started every game last fall, was fourth on the team in tackles with 55 and had two interceptions.

His brother, Vance Joseph, was the cornerbacks coach at Colorado until he was placed on administrative leave during the recent investigation into the football program. He later took an assistant's job at Bowling Green.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We'll be able to here some stuff about them as I am almost positive they will be able to practice with the football team as soon as the fall semester is over.

4. philter

philter Founding Member

Holy cow..448 out of 24,000?

5. HittinZX2

HittinZX2 Living to die laughing

I don't know how much this counts for but I watched Sammy play in HS. He was pretty good then but he was like two years below me. I think he'll do just fine next year, that is the least of my concerns for next year.

6. LSUtigerfan1025

LSUtigerfan1025 Freshman

chase

Pittman was outstanding in H/S and dominated just about everyone ECA played but I do not know how he will do in college.
    Good to see Louisiana stars come back home:laflagwav