(SEC Coaches Favor Instant Replay) Athletic Directors Make Call in March

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Jan 12, 2005.

1. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Not to be picky but the last play of Iowa game would not have been under instant replay unless I am missing some sort of criteria. It was just a no call or several no calls. The catch was legit and game over. Fla and Tenn I don't see what you would dispute. The 2nd guy or the retaleation (sp) was called and then an apology issued but still a bad call but nothing to contest. If I miss a reason the call could have been overturned please let me know cause I always like to learn

The NFL when it went to instant replay originally all of a sudden had the worst officials in the world because they would not make a call and wanted to make anycall so they could just look at it again.

I might be in favor of it IF the official upstairs was a paid guy and only he could make the decision to look at the play again. He could review in between plays and then calldown. Of course the hurry up offense would benefit from this but they benefit from you not being able to match up from play to play anyway.

Beswt way to win a game is not to be in psoition to loose it with one play. "DOMINATE our oppenent for 60 minutes". Wonder what coach said that over and over again.

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

How can you not like Instant Replay? Really? How?

The calls that SEC refs make are worse then horrible and actually affect games weekly.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I believe it will be a paid official in the booth and he will be the only one that can call for a review, the coaches will not have that option. The play that LSU would have benefited from instant replay was the interception that LSU did not get on Auburn's last drive because the refs said we were out of bounds, if it was conclusive enough to be overturned. It's great to say just don't let a game be close enough to let a bad call effect the outcome but that's just silly IMO. They're a bunch of close games and they should not be determined by a blown call, especially a possession call.

And one of the Big Ten officials said he believes that when the TV producers get accustomed to the instant replay and cut away for a commercial quickly, thereby eliminating a time out for a commercial later in the program, that the game should not be extended at all. The network needs to go right to a commercial and than show their angles of the play when they come back.

4. tiger fan 2001

I guess I have just seen more instances when it did nothing so it appears to be a waste of time. Also felt that when the NoFunLeague went to instant replay the officials were making terrible calls because they knew it would be reviewed so basically it was over used. It appears to be getting better in the NFL so maybe if the wheel is not reinvented but bettered I good like it. But if the NCAA makes it better like they just did with the way the BCS works. It could get ugly.

5. tiger fan 2001

It may be silly but i have heard more than one top coach say that very remark after taking a loss.

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Coach speak!!!!

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

You mean like the interception by Travis Daniels on the sideline of the Auburn game that was ruled out of bounds??? :angry:

....sorry....