SEC Conference FB schedules

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mancha, Apr 28, 2014.

1. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

"I don't hear UF whining about having to play LSU every year"

These things are cyclical. The West has been the better, stronger division for the last 5 years.

Before that, you had the Big 3 in the East -- UF, UT and UGA, while the bottom 3 of USC, Vandy and Kentucky were all terrible football programs.

But these days the West is stronger, led by Alabama's 5 year run at National Titles, LSU's run, 2 great runs by Auburn, and now we've added Tex A&M. Arky and Ole Miss have had some good seasons the last 5-6 years so our division is MUCH more competitive, or volatile.

But personally, I love the Florida game each year. It's a measuring stick game most years and usually has national interest.

Beat Florida and we're going to have a good year.

Winston1 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

That's the way I feel about it. Plus, you don't see UF shying away from playing FSU and Miami every year. Both of those teams are better than UT. Personally, I find it to be a source of pride that LSU doesn't play the same punk schedule that Bama plays. Unfortunately, there's no trophy for that.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

There is now:

upload_2014-5-9_6-24-20.png

ParadiseiNC and MLUTiger like this.
  4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Florida did quit playing the U every year. And I like playing the Gators however the scheduling in the SEC is not equitable, never has been really. I think they should go to two nine team divisions and you play 8 games against your division only.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Alabama people do crazy shit like poison trees and teabag strangers, name all 15 of their kids _________ Bear. Fill in the blank with the first name of the father, or brother, some cases it's the same person. Let them continue to schedule pussy schedules, and have Birmingham cheat for them and cover up Saban's violations and lobbying for rule changes to benefit him. It's all they have.

I don't mind playing UF, the point being made is make everyone else play tough schedules too.

Winston1 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Dude, you're a wordsmith.

cajdav1 likes this.