SEC vs Pac 10

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sugarlsu, Feb 2, 2004.

1. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

I have read so much about this that I decided to check out how many NC's the Pac has. VERY WEAK. Since 1980 the SEC has 5 different teams with a NC (LSU 03, Tenn 98, Fla 96, Bama 92, Ga 80, ). The pac 1 (Wash 91).

No other conference can even compete with an achievement like that. Some may boast that they have several, but it is with one or two teams winning them (ie, Ok and Neb).

Getting back to the Pac, the only others they have are USC's in 62,67, and 72. In the past dozen years the SEC has won as many as the Pac has since day one!

I hope that I have made my point. Year in, year out, from top to bottom, the SEC is what college football is all about! Good night everybody.

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

The problem we have out here on the left coast is not your irrefutable logic.

Your argument is sound and valid.

The problem out here is that ALL WEST COAST TEAMS AREN'T RANKED, RESPECTED, OR ADMIRED AS MUCH AS OTHER SCHOOLS BECAUSE OF A PERCEIVED EAST COAST BIAS.

These fans out here use it for EVERYTHING.

MY TEAM GETS NO RESPECT BECAUSE OF THE EAST COAST BIAS.

Riii-iight.

There are even fans out here that call out the SEC "because we don't travel out here or north of the Mason-Dixon line". One guy wrote the paper here and said that he thought that's how the Bear won all of his NC's - that it was "a big shell game playing weak teams in the SEC" and that the SEC was afraid of playing in Columbus, Ann Arbor, LA, etc.etc.etc.

No mention that the PAC-1 or the Little 10 rarely visit SEC stadiums...

I guess this guy FORGOT all the good teams the Bear beat in bowls, AND how the SEC usually always represents well in OOC games along with the bowls...

You ARE correct. SEC football is the finest in the land.

The PAC-1 barely measures on any standard.

Jealousy makes ya think up some weird theories, I guess...

3. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Move back before they infect you! Get out of there now! Sell your house there and buy a mansion in Baton Rouge! And the food's better too!

4. bayareatiger

Ah, you could be on to something..

25 years out here in the Valley of the Chip is gettin' old...

...and my 45 year old 1200 Sq/Ft house I paid $325K for 4 years ago is now worth $450K...

But my bride is from Cali, and as much as she loves everything else about La (yes, even my folks) she HATES the humidity.

Thank God I have good friends at Tony's Seafood, and my mom gave my bride ALL of her GOOD recipes...

...and there's the #2 great restaurant town, (NO is #1) in the country just 35 miles away (SF)

...and EVERY Tigah game will be televised (YAY)!

...because WE are the baddest SOB's in the whole DAMN country!

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You paid $325k for a 1200 sq/ft house? I've lived in bigger apartments for $500 a month! Yes, Frisco has some great restaurants. Here in Louisiana when there is a hurricane we have plenty of time to decide whether to prepare for it or evacuate. We can track the storms progress minute by minute. In NoCal you could be going about your business one minute and the next minute be swallowed by a gaping hole in the ground opened up by an earthquake you had no warning of. Sooner or later the Big One will hit and there will be oceanfront property in Arizona.

Of course our new governor is no match for your new Governator.

We have a few nuts but you have your fruits, nuts AND flakes.

"Welcome to the Hotel California - You can check out but you can never leave."

6. bayareatiger

"Welcome to the Hotel California - You can check out but you can never leave."

Amen, brother.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The real estate prices in California are insane. I know a guy from the Dallas area who owned a three bedroom, 2 bath house on a lake up here. He moved to LA and for $1000 a month MORE, rented the 1000 square foot back of a guy's house.

No thanks.

8. bayareatiger

If there weren't so many interesting places to go to and have fun here in No Cal: SF, Tahoe, the wine country, Monterey, Yosemite, the Sierras, the Ocean, the North Coast, etc. etc. etc.(all within 3 hours of my house), I would have left a LONG TIME ago.

But I make decent $$$ and the mix of culture, food & music is unbelievable.

Plus the interesting topography and weather are great.

One day I'll be back in La....
    But for now I'm HERE....

9. bayareatiger

...and unfortunately, the college football scene here SUX.

Stanford fans are the worst. I've never seen a quieter large gathering of people in my life.

Cal fans are at least somewhat enthusiastic, but there's no way to tailgate there - no parking.

Plus they, like Stanford, are PAC-10 doormats.

San Jose State - give me a break....

10. Globalx39

Globalx39 Founding Member

Hey man, don't down San Jose State, in NCAA 2004 I turned them into a national powerhouse (i was bored)

1 person likes this.