SEC West Opponents

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by AUtiger, Sep 24, 2003.

1. AUtiger

AUtiger Freshman

Seeing as how LSU is the logical front runner for the SEC West with the win over UGA, who do you guys see as your main competition for the West?

Arkansas, Auburn, Ole Miss, MSU (stop laughing!), Bama (even though they're ineligible).

2. Tigerdog007

Tigerdog007 Founding Member

HOGS ARE STILL UP THERE, BUT I STILL THINK WAR EAGLES ARE THE MAIN COMP

3. Same Shee-ott, different year. We can get beat by anybody in the west. The SEC season has just started, noody is a shu-in at this point.

4. bolobolo

bolobolo Founding Member

Right now I would have to say Auburn's still dangerous and Arkansas looks good. Anybody can be beaten on a given Saturday. I would like to take one game at a time!

5. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Right now the only competition is MSU, bc that is our next game. Auburn and Ark. are two very tough teams.

6. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Any way you slice it, there are only 4 teams good enough to win the west: LSU, Arkansas, Alabama, and AU. Of those 4, only 3 are eligible. As it stands now, none of the 3 contenders have an SEC loss. Obviously, Arkansas is the sexy pick because they stuck it to Texas, but we dont really know how good Texas is, either. Right now, Arkansas and AU have just as good a chance as we do, though I feel more confident about us taking care of business since we do have an SEC win over a very good UGA team.

8. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

At this point, I think if anyone said the SECW was anything but a 2 horse race between LSU and Arkansas they'd be crazy - strictly based on past performance.

It is a long season and anything can happen - including Auburn getting back on track. Thing is, I do not think Auburn is balanced enough on offense to mount a serious challenge. AU has not shown much balance yet - and i do not think that they have much of a chance to develope it with thier personnel.

That said - Arkansas has the same issue, but Jones is a phenomenal athlete who can make things happen for them - on the ground or through the air. They have at least one legit receiver a tremendous line and one awesome back - so I think they are the stronger challenge to LSU.

If Campbell developes (I do not see that happening) and AU can add an outside threat (I do not see that happening) - AU will be able to mount a challenge - but if not they'll end up with a losing record in the SEC. I'm not taking them lightly. LSU could lose to them if they do not bring it - but I really do not see AU being able to win more SEC games than LSU or Ark.

9. TigerStripe2003

TigerStripe2003 Founding Member

Mississippi State has a better chance of beating us this week than anyone else.

10. danky

danky Founding Member

I think Auburn has the pernennial underdog complex. Even if they lose all their games up to ours, they'll just pull a win out of nowhere. This is the SEC and thats what rocks and sucks about it..