SEC West Standings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU, May 9, 2004.

1. LSU

LSU Founding Member

Arkansas 16-8
    Ole Miss 14-10
    LSU 14-10

Remaining series:

Arkansas: at Mississippi State; hosting Auburn

Ole Miss: at Florida (16-8); hosting LSU (14-10)

LSU: hosting Vanderbilt (12-12); at Ole Miss (14-10)

Predictions:

Arkansas loses 2/3 to MSU and loses 2/3 to Auburn.
    Ole Miss gets swept by UF and LSU wins 2/3.
    LSU wins 2/3 in both series.

Final standing prediction:

Arkansas 18-12
    LSU 18-12
    Ole Miss 15-15

Arkansas wins the tie-breaker.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That should get Smoke fired. No way LSU should ever finish 2nd to Arkansas. :dis:

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I'm not concerned about the standings. I am focused on our performance in the Reg and Super Reg.

I'm not worried about playing a SR on the road, if we have to, because I know that we can win on the road.

I'm looking forward to making some noise in Omaha this year.

4. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Yeah right, the last time we won the SEC was in 1997( i think that's what it says in front of the box) before 2003. As long as we can stay top 8 in the power rankings, that's all that matters. Forget the regular polls. I think Pat Henry routinely lets the SEC champ. fall by the wayside in order to save it for nationals.

5. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

Only thing that matters from this point on is staying in the top 8 national seeds. :tigbas:

6. Hub

Hub Founding Member

It wouldn't surprise me if this team lost in the Regional. In the same breath, it wouldn't surprise me to see this team to advance deep in the CWS. Their inconsistency is freakish.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We need Justin, Clay, Jason and/or Lane to step up big time. We aren't going anywhere if they keep giving up 10 runs a game. nate has pitched very well the last 2 times but the rest of the starters are stinking the joint up. Lane has done pretty good in his last 2 appearnaces, I wonder if Smoke let's him start this week.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i think we are all guilty of losing perspective. Inconsisitency in baseball is not winning 73.5% of your games. 66.7% is excellent and not inconsitent. Its borderline dominant to win over 70% of your games which is why the #5 rankings. We have won every series but one and lost one midweek game I do believe. We are a spoiled bunch, LSU fans for we have tunnel vision not seeing how other baseball teams are across the country.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

LSU is 0-3 on the road in the Super Regional and 2-0 at home. Even Skip couldn't win a SR on the road.

I'm not saying it can't happen, but history tells us the odds are greatly increased by hosting a SR.

IMO, we'll be a top 8 seed if we take 2 out of 3 the next 2 weekends and advance to the championship game in the SEC tourney ... anything less will probably put us out of the top 8.

10. SEN

SEN Founding Member

1999. Arkansas won the SEC. LSU lost to bama in superregionals. Next year Cresse batted in Therioux from second for the National Championship.