Seniors games

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Bengal Buddy, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Besides the Army All-American Bowl, are there any other seniors games to be played?

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

There was something called the Offense-Defense Bowl in Miami that was played this evening.

Then there is another game on Saturday besides the Army AA Bowl. It's supposed to be on ESPNU from 2-4 EST, but it is also playing on a network (I assume ABC) at the same time. It's called the ESPNU All-America Game. It's the very first year they have had it.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

which Matt Branch, LSU TE commit, & Chase Clement, LSU DE commit, played in.

Didn't watch it & haven't heard much on how they performed. Anybody watch?

I read that Clement was in the backfield a lot, and Branch had a thigh bruise or something.

4. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

There is an annual Texas vs. Louisiana high school all star football game; they have played it for 4 years and Tx. won the first 2 and La. has won the last 2. I saw it on TV, like an FSN channel here in Houston that carries Big 12 stuff plus Astros and Rockets stuff. I caught the last 2, totally by accident, as it was not advertised. It really was a good game, many LSU, UT, aTm, Okla. recruits play in it. I don't remember the month, but maybe some google searches? But its the best look I've gotten at LSU recruits for a bunch of them in one place, and an extended view of them.

OK, I had to go look, and I found it, it's the BAYOU BOWL. Here's the link. Maybe some of you guys in Lake Charles or even Lafayette would like to ride over! 2008 date is not posted yet, and it looks like they played a 5th game.
    http://www.bayoubowl.org/

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

There's also the Califlorida game which was played today I think. Features talent from the 2 states.

1 person likes this.