Sentimental Value

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by foreverlsu, Feb 10, 2005.

1. foreverlsu

foreverlsu Founding Member

What is your most treasured item that you have of LSU! This can be anything bought or borrowed:hihi: Mine is a piece of the field in a plastic case. I snuck into Tiger Stadium after the LSU south carolina game in 2002 I remember running all over the field and cutting a piece of the eye of the tiger out of the field! Its so cool to be in the stadium at night with the lights out looking out seeing the light through the tunnels and imagining how awesome this must feel with 90,000 plus roaring GEAUX TIGERS!:grin:

2. Berge

Berge Founding Member

My Tiger Band shako (the hat)... New uniforms this year, so we got to keep the old hats and raincoats.... Sweeeet...

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

My eleven year old daughter and nine year old son, both of whom are LSU fanatics !

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I have the worst one of all.. the cup, that i drank coke from at my first game.. which was the arkansas game in 2003.. i drink out of that cup everytime i watch the tigers now.

5. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

My obvious answer would be five years of memories - the best five years of my life. That plus lifelong best friends. I've got a couple of my old fraternity jerseys and a few other things like yearbooks and so forth.

One interesting relic (they have to be called that based on how old they are) is a set of "Musk" aftershave and cologne. I occasionally used to splash a little bit of it on when I had a big date. Why I still have them is a mystery, but when I open one of the bottles and smell that "Musk" smell, it really feels like I am back at LSU.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I was a "Hai Karate" man. :grin:

7. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Here's some of mine - 1) my father's LSU wool letter sweater 2) a ceramic LSU Tiger figurine dressed in a football uniform with a helmet under one arm which was a bourbon decanter and a music box that plays Fight for LSU 3) autographed football by Nick Saban

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Really, all my my :lsup: stuff is important to me, but the most sentimental piece of Tiger memorabilia that I own is my 2003 TEAM SIGNED LSU REPLICA HELMET

I was so shocked and amazed that my housemate (who's a diehard Texas fan) bought it off of ebay and gave it to me as a Christmas gift prior to the Sugar Bowl vs OU!!!

Today, similar helmets signed by the '03 :crystal: team, are going for as much as $5,000!

Also, in 2nd place is my authentic :helmet: as well as my authentic '75 helmet (which actually hasn't come in yet--but should be here any day).

9. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I have the newspaper prints of both sugar bowls framed with my ticket in each. I can look at those things and remember the good times I had on those days.

10. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

I have so much it's really all precious to me. Footballs from the NC year, miniature replica of Tiger Stadium, autographed plaques of the football and baseball programs, (Cholly Mac and Skipper), miniature NC trophy and millions of great memories. But I guess the most cherished would be team autographed baseballs from the 1975 and 1976 SEC Champion baseball teams.

The best memories would be from the years as a small boy that I was batboy for the baseball team and when I would go with my dad and the baseball and basketball teams to Tulane or Loyola or Ole Miss or Starkville or some other close away game on the team bus or take them to NO to catch a flight to a distant away game.

I remember playing catch or shagging balls with Wiley Dial, Moonie Winston, Pat Screen and Joe Moock,etc. Sitting in the dugout or on the basketball bench and shooting warmups with the likes of Buddy Shirley, Hamp White, Bill Wilson and those guys was every boys dream come true!

Walking the stairs in the North end zone of Tiger Stadium selling hot dogs and peanuts during Mac's halcyon years were some of the greatest times of my young life. I was privileged to see many a great Tiger game in those years.

But I guess the best Tiger possession would have to be one my brother has- a basketball autographed by Pistol Pete and the rest of the members of the team from one of the years he played there. He got it in a drawing among us children after my father died.

If there are any old time Tiger Baseball ad Basketball players on here, you will probably remember my father-everybody called him Ward. He drove the team bus for 20 years at LSU and I was blessed to be a part of that at times.

:geauxtige :lsup: :geauxtige :lsup: :geauxtige :lsup: :geauxtige :lsup: