Shame on USC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by USMTiger, Dec 22, 2003.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I think we, as Tiger fans, are dwelling too much on all the USC antics and the Rose Bowl National Championship game contentions.

Here is the bottom line:

The winner of LSU/Oklahoma is the BCS National Champion. There will be no * by our name, because this is the championship agreed upon by the coaches and universities currently in place.

If USC gets the AP title, it will have a huge * next to it, implying it is not a true national title.

That is enough for me to sleep easy at night, let them have their fun on the west coast. They still have to get past Michigan.

2. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Some fans might, but I cannot picture Saban and therefore the official LSU website declaring that the Rose Bowl would be the National Championship game. I cannot see Saban challenging teams to a game next year nor telling his players to remind everyone that they are number 1.
    A NC game would imply that Michigan should get the AP Championship if they win as well.
    After reviewing a lot of things after the BCS announcement I think the BCS got it right.

3. ramah

ramah Founding Member

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

If USC wins and is declared National Champions by the AP Poll, then the BCS steering committee should get together and remove the AP Poll from the BCS system. If they can't play the game the way the rules work, then remove them from the equation and let them go back to naming their own champion. Watch how quickly the AP Poll would drop in value until it just fades away. Either they are in or out, but they (the AP) need to stop complaining about it.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's a good point. The AP is part of the BCS process. Not apart and/or above it.

6. Hachidan

Hachidan Freshman

I don't know how anyone could believe that USC belongs in the championship game even though I had much rather play them than Oklahoma.

7. TigerLicks

TigerLicks Founding Member

They will live to regret putting that on the university website when Michigan whips their ass. I wonder how fast it comes down after the Rose Bowl. Probably as fast as the Sugar Bowl Packages came down from their message boards after 2 Saturdays ago. They should recognize as a university in the Pac 10 that they signed on to the BCS system and live with it. Fix the system after the games have been played if you want but respect the rules of the game you signed up for.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

God is also pissed at them and it showed today with the
    EARTHQUAKE.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Only a real idiot would call the rose bowl a championship game, a person who could not read the way the BCS comes up with the two teams. All this hoopla about the BCS failing is just that. A big pile of whooey. If LSU was playing in the rose, then we'd be playing in the rose and our schedule wasn't good enough to get in the BCS game. The whining sports writers put USC number 1 because it sells tickets. ITS ALL ABOUT MONEY. Contreversey sells. You'd think some folks would eventually catch on. this has been discused soo many times its ridiculous. USC deserves zilch, nada, nuthing, if our schedule was a little weaker, we'd get the same thing, AND THEY DAMN SURE WOULDN'T MAKEA BIG FUSS ABOUT LSU GETTING NOTHING. So for all you tiger fans that think USC got screwed? yeah right!~ Even Ray charles could see through this. Its about money folks.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

marc???? I am confussed??? OK by your reasoning the AP voters all huddle up and yell "break" then run out and vote? and they were just waiting to do this?? Please explain to me how they were "waiting" to do this? is the AP actually one big entity like a bunch of parts that make up the whole? They got together and decided this was the time right? Man if you could prove this you'd be the reporter of the year. You could name your price in the enquirer.

They actually voted USC number one individually because there are a BUNCH of AP voters on the west coast, and they are media darlings so the east coast loves them too. AND Contreversy sells NEWSPAPERS. its called conflict of interests. Here is a news flash SPORTS WRITERS shouldn't even be allowed to vote. USE the coaches poll and the computers. anyone can be a sports writer, think of TREV and you'll get the idea.
    DAMN another one ray charles could see through.